oils to run

• 3 weeks later...

I ran Klotz in my bike when I got it ran about 2 or 3 weekends blow a o ring took the head off then carbon build up some so bad it wasnt even funny your couldnt even see the size of the piston or the arrow so we sanded one & cleaned it up to see that bore size & left the other one alone put a stock head on it that was milled started up 927 ran about 5 weekend a rod twisted & broke when we took it apart the pistons look really good you could see everything on them numbers and all & you didnt have to sand it so in my book 927 is the best

right now i'm running klotz r-50 at 32:1 but am preparing to make the switch to the dark side, i'm going to start running amsoil saber at 80:1.

for the case i run redline shockproof.

i'm still not sold on one perfect mix oil but i am sold on redline shockproof for the case.

right now i'm running klotz r-50 at 32:1 but am preparing to make the switch to the dark side, i'm going to start running amsoil saber at 80:1.

for the case i run redline shockproof.

i'm still not sold on one perfect mix oil but i am sold on redline shockproof for the case.

woah, you can do what you want, but i would start @ 40:1 for about 4 hrs, or 2 tanks, then inspect for deposits, to make sure you're running 80:1 in a clean engine. when i started the torco, i kept it rich for a while. it even removed all the paint from inside the intake. just to make sure none of the deposits stick somewhere else when they come off. wouldn't want to twist a rod, or stick a ring. just my .02

oh, and in the case, i run g.m. auto trac II

I use castor 927 32:1 and really like the smell over the yamahalube. I use silkolene medium gear oil in the transmission will be switching to mobil 1.

I was given Motul 800 when I bought my machine. So far I really like it. It has almost no smoke, smells good, and seems pretty powerful. For now I will stick with it.

I run Klotz in my sled, and the inside of that thing looks brand new after 10 years of very hard riding in very deep powder. Its been apart for other issues, and I was impressed at how clean the inside was.

woah, you can do what you want, but i would start @ 40:1 for about 4 hrs, or 2 tanks, then inspect for deposits, to make sure you're running 80:1 in a clean engine. when i started the torco, i kept it rich for a while. it even removed all the paint from inside the intake. just to make sure none of the deposits stick somewhere else when they come off. wouldn't want to twist a rod, or stick a ring. just my .02

not trying to be a dick (i know i'll still sound like one) but have you ever ran saber before heathen?

anyone here use Dumonde Tech DTP Synthetic Racing Oil? for two years ive been using HP2 at 32:1 no problems but figured it times for a change, just picked up some of this dumonde and was wondering if anyone else uses it and how they like it

not trying to be a dick (i know i'll still sound like one) but have you ever ran saber before heathen?

nope, i'v known my fair share of amsiol salesmen, though, and i got turned off by a product that doesn't sell itself. just the way i am, otherwise, i'm sure i would've tried it. i have run several different oils over the years, though. like i said, just my opinion, and you can do what you want.

just threw a little red flag, going from a high deposit oil, to a high detergent oil. the deposits don't get controlled like a 4 stroke when they come off.

nope, i'v known my fair share of amsiol salesmen, though, and i got turned off by a product that doesn't sell itself. just the way i am, otherwise, i'm sure i would've tried it. i have run several different oils over the years, though. like i said, just my opinion, and you can do what you want.

just threw a little red flag, going from a high deposit oil, to a high detergent oil. the deposits don't get controlled like a 4 stroke when they come off.

i was just curious if you'd ever ran it since running saber at 80:1 the bikes actualy run rich, running 40:1 would be about the equivelant or running 10:1 with a conventional oil. i know guys who have tried it and you can barely get the bike started, but i appreciate the advice none the less...

and trust me, i dont dig the idea of drinking the amsoil koolaid. just factoring in the cash involved and the fact that we've swapped 4 of our groups bikes over with no problems. to me the bottom line is that i can run a full season on 2 quarts of saber compared to 2 gallons of r-50....

Edited by swrbansheeboy