front end suspension upgrades

I have a set of Wicked +2+1 arms and WORKS dual rate shocks and the ride compared to stock is fuckin amazing...I've got about $600 bucks in all of it..I bought the arms and shocks used so I saved alot there..But if your on a budget man get you a set of used WORKS, they are decent, not the best but wayyyy better than stock and seach here and ebay for a used set of arms aswell...I have no experience with any other arms than WICKEDS, but I can tell ya they are built well and are beefy as hell....Hope that helps you a little bit..

Yeah I have heard some good stuff about wicked arms. Doing some searching on ebay I saw some from ASR and Full Flight, anyone know about these? The full flights are selling as a combo with elka piggybacks for 1000$ and non res for 850$, deal or no deal?

I would stay away from ASR or FF. They use hiem joints that are opean. Dirt gets in them then they start squeeking and poping. I had a set of ASR's on my raptor and they started to develop a little play just after a couple of rides.

What kind of suspension are you wanting to do. If your not in to all out racing I would get some a arms that do not have an adjustment for Caster (tilting the spindel forward or back). If you dont set the caster up right it will steer funny. I will really easy to turn a litte ways from straight, and hard to turn when cramped all the way. Most a arms with a caster adjustment will have Hiem joints where the a arm conects to the frame. You screw one joint in or out and it moves the out side of the a arm forward or back.

All a arms are going to have the camber setting (tilting of the tire in or out at the top).

I run a pair of HD USA I Shock 3500 a arms on my raptor. They are non adjustable for the caster. You can adjust the camber with out having to pop the ball joint out of the spindel wich is nice. They came with brake lines, billit brake line clamps too. They do have other kits that come with shocks, I dont know how they are. I just have a pair of works tripple rate's with the HD UDA a arms on my raptor.

I have Avenger A arms with works dual rates on my banshee. They ride pretty good too. They are setup the same as my HD USA's. Only camber adjustable.

103_1849.jpg

103_1847.jpg

100_1111.jpg

Banshee_6.jpg

Yeah I have heard some good stuff about wicked arms. Doing some searching on ebay I saw some from ASR and Full Flight, anyone know about these? The full flights are selling as a combo with elka piggybacks for 1000$ and non res for 850$, deal or no deal?

I would say the major expence of the FF kit is the Elka's not there a arms. I would steer clear.

• 4 years later...

Hey this is a little off topic but I've been looking to upgrade my front end too, I do MX so something that can handle doubles and triples is a must I was looking at a set of averager +3 +1's with a pair of elka stage 2's I know th shocks are good but more on the arms is what I'm looking for in information

Are ASR a-arms ok for someone like me who wants to just throw some a-arms and shocks on and ride? I dont need to adjust stuff all the time and dont want to. Someone said dirt gets in the hiem joints. I ride open fields and a little trail action. Lot's of dirt/grass. I want a +3+1 a-arm set up. I'm unsure about the back shocks. I see elka makes some nice things. i dont mind spending about 1500-2k for shocks front and rear. I want to buy a good set and be done with it. I want a plush ride. all i ever road was stock worn out suspension on my bike.

Edited by RagunCajun