Flywheel/Timing Plate

My flywheel keeps edging off after a few rides. What do you guys do to keep it on after a advance timing mod. It came off and it put a small gash in the stock woodruff key it didnt hurt the crank, but it keeps stripping nuts and coming off. I tried locktite but maybe I didnt use the right kind. Give me some Ideas, but when it's on runs like a champ, but it starts making a pinging noise and then you know the flywheels loose but when you tighten it the noise stops...the noise happens when you spin the flywheel then crank hesitates then moves cuz they';re not together but when it's pressed good it runs perfect. I just can tseem to keep it pressed give me some mojo

You need to get that nut on there tighter or you will ruin something!

You can make a tool to hold the flywheel still when you torque the nut down. About 65LBS I think.

Hit it with an impact if you need to. You don't want it coming off again, it's gonna trash something man.

My flywheel keeps edging off after a few rides. What do you guys do to keep it on after a advance timing mod. It came off and it put a small gash in the stock woodruff key it didnt hurt the crank, but it keeps stripping nuts and coming off. I tried locktite but maybe I didnt use the right kind. Give me some Ideas, but when it's on runs like a champ, but it starts making a pinging noise and then you know the flywheels loose but when you tighten it the noise stops...the noise happens when you spin the flywheel then crank hesitates then moves cuz they';re not together but when it's pressed good it runs perfect. I just can tseem to keep it pressed give me some mojo

I had the same problem, i was using a strap wrench to hold the flywheel while I tighten the flywheel nut, had to end up using loc tight and an impact, no problem since,

You need to get that nut on there tighter or you will ruin something!

You can make a tool to hold the flywheel still when you torque the nut down. About 65LBS I think.

Hit it with an impact if you need to. You don't want it coming off again, it's gonna trash something man.

I really appreciate it man....thanx

Assuming the cranks threads and nose taper are still somewhat decent... Use a new key, lap the wheel to the nose taper w/valve grinding compound to clean things up and torque it back on w/red loctite and an impact. And dont use some super wazzoo impact gun w/200psi or something...

Assuming the cranks threads and nose taper are still somewhat decent... Use a new key, lap the wheel to the nose taper w/valve grinding compound to clean things up and torque it back on w/red loctite and an impact. And dont use some super wazzoo impact gun w/200psi or something...

If the threads are bad, personally I think they're decent, what should i do if they were stripped can I use a tap and die set to get the threads right or what would you suggest besides buying a new stroker crank. Threads are real fine and the grooves aren't that deep compared to a lug nut thread is that how all cranks are? Also sometimes if I tighten it too much it just starts spinning like I stripped the bolt what do you suggest? I am about to just weld the whole thing together!! jus kidding but I am pissed fo real. Those bitches on their 4 pokes are vroooming around the neighborhood while my shee is sick and they know it HELP!

If the threads are bad, personally I think they're decent, what should i do if they were stripped can I use a tap and die set to get the threads right or what would you suggest besides buying a new stroker crank. Threads are real fine and the grooves aren't that deep compared to a lug nut thread is that how all cranks are? Also sometimes if I tighten it too much it just starts spinning like I stripped the bolt what do you suggest? I am about to just weld the whole thing together!! jus kidding but I am pissed fo real. Those bitches on their 4 pokes are vroooming around the neighborhood while my shee is sick and they know it HELP!

ooooooooohhh!!! doesnt sound good!!

Sounds like you may have damaged threads? I've had to replace a stroker crank, flywheel x2, stator and pickup assembly. All from a shit snowball effect starting from the flywheel free wheeling from the crank. It is cheap insurance to have a pro take a look at it for sure!

Well, Ima try the tap and die then let chas know!

You need to take valve grinding compound and lap the flywheel to the crankshaft. Clean it all off, then loctite the nut on and hammer it down to the torque spec or use a gun on it.

what's lapping compound and what does it do, if you dont mind asnswering.