I can't figure this damn thing out.

I had my 300 mains in it for a while and then it started backfiring and not running. I pulled the carbs apart a few weeks ago and found a small chunk of rubber under the needle seat, pulled it out and re-assembled now it don't run. I tried 290's today and it ran for about 20 seconds then got really hot and started backfiring so I shut it down. I don't know what the hell to do I checked the reeds they are fine, I have tried 290's, 300's,310's and 320's I can't get the damn thing to stop back firing. I have pods/outerwears, pro circuit platinums with factory sound silencers I am riding in around 50-60 degrees at 330ft, Since I can't get the damn thing to run long enough to do a plug chop I don't know how to check my jetting. Also is 290 kinda big? My buddy got a 01 yesterday and other than low end bog it runs great it has fattys and a k&n air box filter with the lid and outerwear and its @ 240 mains? I am seriously about to sell mine and get a single two stroke dirtbike or something.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I cleaned every orfice in these damned carbs. I have had a lot of bikes and shit and never had problems like this thing is giving me. (That may be a slight exageration lol) I will pull the pilot again and check but I just had the carb apart like 45 seconds befor I started it I blew through the pilots and i could see right through them. Also I only had it running for a good 45 seconds, 20 of which was running crappy and it was hot as hell.

Edit: I tried putting the 27.5s in it and it runs even shittier. wont even start just back fires.

Edited by lokisbuddy

Both cylinders fire good and run evenly, carbs are sync'd I put the 300's back in cleaned the pilots, started it up and it ran good I pulled it off the choke and it ran for 5 seconds and started bogging out then died. I think I am gonna get a stock airbox and throw the stock pipes back on. I have had nothing but a headache since I put the pipes on it. Also I checked the reeds and they look great no gaps or nothing but there is a little bit of air bubbling through them. Seriously I will give my assassins creed game to the first person that figures this out, I am literally gonna give it a week if I can't fix it by then I am gonna sell it and buy parts for my car. :down:

I am pretty sure it is a low end problem because last time I rode it she was bogging hard on low end and top it would scream. wish I had some non bent carb needles I would try that. But it ran good before with the slightly bent needles. :confused:

My dad said maybe my floats need adjusting since I messed with them. Does that sound like it could be the problem? Where can I get a float adjustment tool? I made one using a 21mm socket but I guess that might be off.

now this might be a shot in the dark but you said a chunk of rubber was inside of ur carb? have you checked your float needle cuz the tips of those have some rubber on it. maybe it rotted out and broke apart and would cause it to run to rich or to lean or some shit. just a guess

I dont know about it running good with the choke on, but anyways have you mixed different types of oil in the same tank of gas? I done this once on my 1st banshee and made it backfire and ran like crap. :shrug:

I also was wondering about that chunk of rubber, and thats the only place I could think of that it would have come from.