HELP Front master cylinder brake bleeding

Ok, I put a yfz450 front end on my shee, whole thing rotos spindles calipers ect. I hooked the new calipers up to my shee lines...I put in speed bleeders. I filled the front master cylinder with fluid, started to squeeze it to bleed the brakes, nothing is happening, fluid is not moving...nothing. So I order a rebuild kit for the master cylinder...rebuilty it today, its doing the same thing, no fluid going anywhere...what do I do, man i am frustrated...help...

Ok, I put a yfz450 front end on my shee, whole thing rotos spindles calipers ect. I hooked the new calipers up to my shee lines...I put in speed bleeders. I filled the front master cylinder with fluid, started to squeeze it to bleed the brakes, nothing is happening, fluid is not moving...nothing. So I order a rebuild kit for the master cylinder...rebuilty it today, its doing the same thing, no fluid going anywhere...what do I do, man i am frustrated...help...

Go to your local auto zone and get a hand vacum pump kit in the tools section(they also have it in there loan a tool with a 50.00 deposit).

Take the line off one caliper,attatch the vacum hose to the line.

Sqeeze the handle on the pump till you see fluid start entering the lil cup,take the line off the vacum hose,attatch it back to the caliper.

Repeat process for other side,then bleed them at the calipers.

Make sure the master cylinder cap is off during the entire process.

Easiest way to do it period.

Dan

Edited by BansheeDan

I just keep taping the master cylinder with the back end of a screwdriver for about 10 mintes. You can see the little air bubbles coming up the hole time. Fidel with the brake lever wile tapping the master cylinder with the screwdriver. It will work, just takes some time.

Go to your local auto zone and get a hand vacum pump kit in the tools section(they also have it in there loan a tool with a 50.00 deposit).

Take the line off one caliper,attatch the vacum hose to the line.

Sqeeze the handle on the pump till you see fluid start entering the lil cup,take the line off the vacum hose,attatch it back to the caliper.

Repeat process for other side,then bleed them at the calipers.

Make sure the master cylinder cap is off during the entire process.

Easiest way to do it period.

Dan

How do I get that little vacuum hose on the end of the banjo fitting? Once I do get it...how does the line not collapse around the banjo, making the suction impossible? Thank you

How do I get that little vacuum hose on the end of the banjo fitting? Once I do get it...how does the line not collapse around the banjo, making the suction impossible? Thank you

Leave the brake line attached to the caliper and put the vacuum pump line on the bleeder valve... then pump it up and use a wrench to open the valve. Two things to remember...

1- Keep the top off the master cylinder and don't let it run dry and suck air in.

2- Don't let the vacuum line fall off the bleeder valve while the valve is open or it will suck air in.

#1 is way more important than #2

It helps to have a second person just filling the master cylinder while you use the vacuum pump.

Although the vacuum pump will work, you can bleed them for free and save yourself a trip to town. Take the lid off of the master cylinder and keep the fluid level full. Then crack the bleeder valves on the calipers and let the fluid run out of them for a while. (I catch the fluid with a cup and reuse because I'm a tightass) Make sure that your bleeder valves are working and not plugged up. Take them off and see if you can blow through them. Just let the fluid run through the system for awhile and shut the valves off, put the lid on and you'll be set. I just did the yfz450 brake swap last night and it took me 10min to bleed the system, just as described!