A & S Racing Engine

609boy

I have a set of A&S 4mill stock cylinders & they are bad ass! They look it to full polished & had the transfers cut out then welded up smooth. Wasn't that bad to get down but he might have been broke that week LOL. I have a Tyson 10 mill also they are good peeps.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am f..... Confused here

Do u guyz really mean that fast and herr jugs shees can't run waith a&s shees

(if the only changing variable is porting)

Not at all......

Dan does build a screamer of a stock cylinder motor...but, that dosent mean that noone else can build one just as fast.

Dan

hes building my 10 mil as we speak last year when i had my cub ported by him it sat in his shop for 2 months befor he got to it but it was worth it 100%

when i went there a few months ago he was working on a drag sled, he told me it would start picking up soon, I just got off the phone with him and ill get my motor by the end of march

Edited by tt_bansheerida

You might have it back by the end of august.......

Dan

im sure i wont, i bring my things there when hes not busy

the smat people bring there motors in a month befor they want to race or ride

its hard being the best and doing it all yourself he moving his shop to i belive brighton

i know he has a suspension guy working on the drag sled but i dont think he does any of the motor work

id like to see u tackle his work and see if you got everything done in a week or 2

Edited by tt_bansheerida

im sure i wont, i bring my things there when hes not busy

the smat people bring there motors in a month befor they want to race or ride

its hard being the best and doing it all yourself he moving his shop to i belive brighton

i know he has a suspension guy working on the drag sled but i dont think he does any of the motor work

id like to see u tackle his work and see if you got everything done in a week or 2

Dont expect it in a week or 2.....

But I do expect it done in somewhat of a timly fashion.

Not only that I do expect some service after the sale with tuning etc.

Why is it so difficult if hes the best there is...to take 5 minutes to listen to someone that has spent a ton of money with him to get some tuning help.

Again im not saying Dan does bad work...but when hes sending $20,000.00 motors to the U.A.E. he dont care about someones 1,000.00 to 1500.00 motor.

Trust me ...he built my first stock cylinder motor...and it flat out ripped for what it was.

But as stated before his customer service is terrible and his turnaround time is even worse..

I think one of the posters on this thread said it best.....more delay excuses then an O.J. murder trial lawyer.

Dan

Dont expect it in a week or 2.....

But I do expect it done in somewhat of a timly fashion.

Not only that I do expect some service after the sale with tuning etc.

Why is it so difficult if hes the best there is...to take 5 minutes to listen to someone that has spent a ton of money with him to get some tuning help.

Again im not saying Dan does bad work...but when hes sending $20,000.00 motors to the U.A.E. he dont care about someones 1,000.00 to 1500.00 motor.

Trust me ...he built my first stock cylinder motor...and it flat out ripped for what it was.

But as stated before his customer service is terrible and his turnaround time is even worse..

I think one of the posters on this thread said it best.....more delay excuses then an O.J. murder trial lawyer.

Dan

to be honest i think hes the most help iv ever had, everytime i speak with dan he goes out of his way to help me with any qustion i have. he was willing to drive to windsor for me because my dad cant cross the border. he was baging me for a video of my race because he never really knew what flat track racing was he came to me blind and worked with me to build this motor. but when you have as many motors as he does its almost impossible to get things done fast if he wasent good he wouldent be getting all the work he has

iv never had a problem with dan even tho he might be slow he still pumpin out some of the fastest bikes out there and you cant take that away from him

i have talked to dan after every race last year he wanted to know how the bike ran how i liked it, what he could change it, idk i just dont see it i guess

to be honest i think hes the most help iv ever had, everytime i speak with dan he goes out of his way to help me with any qustion i have. he was willing to drive to windsor for me because my dad cant cross the border. he was baging me for a video of my race because he never really knew what flat track racing was he came to me blind and worked with me to build this motor. but when you have as many motors as he does its almost impossible to get things done fast if he wasent good he wouldent be getting all the work he has

iv never had a problem with dan even tho he might be slow he still pumpin out some of the fastest bikes out there and you cant take that away from him

i have talked to dan after every race last year he wanted to know how the bike ran how i liked it, what he could change it, idk i just dont see it i guess

x2..

Since people are throwing out other engine builders, ill add Flotek to the list. He is easy to get a hold to and will always call you back. He now has my juggs and flywheel and he's done work for me before. You can talk to him about what setup you want and what you want out of your bike and go accordingly. My last port job with him hauled ass. Turnaround time is good too.

your right,it comes down to personal prefrence,but if i would ever have him port something for me,i know i would be getting his 100%.most people cant say that about there builders...

his 100%? youre out of your mind. first off, youre not getting 100% with any builder. they save the latest and greatest tricks for their personal bikes, which is totally understandable.

second, his customer service is shit. what % do you give that? you might get some good running cylinders if you wanna wait 6 or 7 months, by which time the newest shit will be out. you cant wait around for 6 months in this sport or itll pass you by.

i can name 3 builders right now that will give you their 95%. that last 5 is their secret shit.

fast

redline

herr

thats quality, customer service and phone time. these guys go above and beyond to make sure your shit is right. they give follow up calls and spend time on the phone with you to see what you want.

i challenge your a&s and say that he probably gives you 20%.

Since people are throwing out other engine builders, ill add Flotek to the list. He is easy to get a hold to and will always call you back. He now has my juggs and flywheel and he's done work for me before. You can talk to him about what setup you want and what you want out of your bike and go accordingly. My last port job with him hauled ass. Turnaround time is good too.

flow is great iv seen lots of his work and i havent seen to many people get upset with his work

his 100%? youre out of your mind. first off, youre not getting 100% with any builder. they save the latest and greatest tricks for their personal bikes, which is totally understandable.

second, his customer service is shit. what % do you give that? you might get some good running cylinders if you wanna wait 6 or 7 months, by which time the newest shit will be out. you cant wait around for 6 months in this sport or itll pass you by.

i can name 3 builders right now that will give you their 95%. that last 5 is their secret shit.

fast

redline

herr

thats quality, customer service and phone time. these guys go above and beyond to make sure your shit is right. they give follow up calls and spend time on the phone with you to see what you want.

i challenge your a&s and say that he probably gives you 20%.

can i ask you a qustion i havent really have herd of these other shops other than herr jugs

how many people do they have working at there shop

dan is a lone man over there

i just dont under stand what your thinking

if dan gets 1 motor done theres another 3 at his door

last year when i went to pick up my cub his shop was filled with motors like atleast 30 and he said this was only the begining

AND ILL TELL YOU THIS if dan could could have great customer service he would do it in a flash this man loves to help uyot with any qustions i ever had

and for his 20%?

how about a 392 cub making 91 hp ( with a race port ) witch costed me only 150$ for him to do the porting after the dyno and all the other stuff i paid 1100 $ and it was 100% woth it

Edited by tt_bansheerida