Kill Switch and Wiring

I just purchased my Banshee a week ago and I noticed while playing with it, the kill switch doesn't seem to work and the guy wired in a toggle switch that has to be on to start the bike. Are kill switches known to go bad on Banshees? Also, when doing the TORS elimination kit...do you have to do any wiring or is it just replacing caps/cables/installing idle screws? Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't think that kill switches are a common problem. I would cut that toggle switch out, and plug the kill switch back in. Does the stock headlight switch still work? Even though the headlights and kill switches are on the same piece on the handlebars, they run off two seperate circuits. So, if the headlights work with the stock switch, but the kill doesn't work, you either have a bad ground, or you need a new switch. If you need a new kill switch, I have one in the for sale section.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry962006

banshee wiring systems are pretty simple. its not hard to wire in one switch and eliminate another. maybe they thought the toggle was cool, but wanted to keep the light switch in tact. i would imagine they just unhooked the factory kill switch and wired in a stupid toggle.

ive been thru 2 kill swithces. but when i first got the shee the one was alreay bad. wired up a blaster killswitch(just matched the colors together) and then it took a dump on me. so now im on my 3rd.lol but i think its a gamble to see if you get a good lasting one or one that is just about to take a shit. good luck

A few questions...Im trying to redo all my wiring before stripping it down to powdercoat the frame...the guy before me hacked at the wiring harness pretty good. Questions:

1. Do you have to do any wiring to do the TORS eliminator kit?

2. Do Banshees (2002) have a key switch?

3. What year Banshees have the same wiring harness as a 2002?

4. Do Banshees have any kind of indicator lights (engine temp, neutral, etc.)?

Im new to this, sorry for the stupid questions but I owned a KFX400 before this.

Thanks for all the help.

A few questions...Im trying to redo all my wiring before stripping it down to powdercoat the frame...the guy before me hacked at the wiring harness pretty good. Questions:

1. Do you have to do any wiring to do the TORS eliminator kit?

2. Do Banshees (2002) have a key switch?

3. What year Banshees have the same wiring harness as a 2002?

4. Do Banshees have any kind of indicator lights (engine temp, neutral, etc.)?

Im new to this, sorry for the stupid questions but I owned a KFX400 before this.

Thanks for all the help.

1. not sure about the TORS since mine was already removed when i bought my banshee, but i think you unplug a black box somewhere and remove the wires coming from the thumb throttle. someone else will chime in and help out with that one.

2. yes, they come with key switches

3. all banshees have pretty much the same wiring except the later ones that have a brake light instead of taillight

4. no indicator lights

no wiring needed for the tors kit. unplug the lil black box on the left side under the steerng stem and gas tank. then unplug or cut the black wire coming from the thumb throttle. ur key switch wires are colored red and black most of the time people get rid of the key and just tie em together. hope this helps. pm me for more help on the tors kit i just recently did it

I haven't completed the TORS eliminator yet cuz the kit is on the way, but just to help clean things up a bit I traced the TORS wiring and disconnected it all where it attaches to the harness, removed the box, and the wires to the throttle. I don't like stuff hanging around that's not even being used, if you don't need it, get rid of it. Rather than just cutting the wires at the throttle and leaving them hang, I pulled the cover, removed the wiring, and plugged the hole in the rubber grommet with silicone.

It's really simple to bypass any of the switches. I lost my key once and was about 120 miles from home. in about 5 minutes I had it hot wired and ready to go, lol.

It looks like a new stock switch runs $128 :blink: So if you don't need the light switch, ditch the stocker and the toggle and go with a PD like loco has or something. Or at least try to find another used one.