need yfz450 experts

Run a ground strap from the battery ground to your engine and then see if you have spark. If not, you have ignition problems.

You had the engine out right? Its possible that it didn't ground to the frame. If not, you will have no spark.

As far as the cylinder and head not being conductive enough.........it better be, since thats where the plug is grounded when the bike is running. It may not be the problem.....but its a simple check to see if theres a ground problem. If the head is not grounded to the same spot as the battery (the frame), it will not spark.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update nukkas...

the bike will start up and run, but only when i feather the throttle. it sounds fine while its running.. but it wants to die as soon as i let off the throttle.

i cleaned out the carb. jets are all clear. float is not sticking. fuel flowing out well...

update nukkas...

the bike will start up and run, but only when i feather the throttle. it sounds fine while its running.. but it wants to die as soon as i let off the throttle.

i cleaned out the carb. jets are all clear. float is not sticking. fuel flowing out well...

Is the carb slide in backwards?

Maybe check the spark plug wire, check that it come disconnected at the boot that goes on top of the plug. Pull on the boot a little to make sure the connector didn't come off the wire. That happened to my banshee and it ran like crap.

i

Maybe check the spark plug wire, check that it come disconnected at the boot that goes on top of the plug. Pull on the boot a little to make sure the connector didn't come off the wire. That happened to my banshee and it ran like crap.

i

The yfz's Coil and boot are different there all in one the boot and coil are toghter as one.

its bolted in the same spot it came from the factory, where the bracket holds the clutch cable on. i didnt move it. its not on the cylinder or head. its bolted to the back of the case. the cable isnt even long enough to get to the chain cover bolt.

oh, sorry, i misunderstood you. i thought you were looking for a place to ground it.

Im no expert but I have done many 4-stroke builds,did you take the valves out of the head and check the seats.A couple of bikes with the same symptom problem have come thruogh they needed valve job or build-up cleaning.I also didnt read the whole thing maybe you did the valves,whats the compression at and do you have a leak-down tester

Im no expert but I have done many 4-stroke builds,did you take the valves out of the head and check the seats.A couple of bikes with the same symptom problem have come thruogh they needed valve job or build-up cleaning.I also didnt read the whole thing maybe you did the valves,whats the compression at and do you have a leak-down tester

i just had the valves checked last october.. this is a simple problem im overlooking. the bike ran perfectly fine 4 days ago, before i pulled the old piston out.

it will start up and stay running as long as i feather the throttle. as soon as i let off it dies...

is it havin trouble starting ? or just idleing ..

boots on the carb right... maybe gettin a small air leak ??

it wont even start without feathering the throttle, even with the choke on.

boot is on tight. no leak there. i cant imagine that would make it not start though, even if it was..

pics of your girl will make me feel better! :biggrin:

Sounds stupid, but this is something small... Just take the back of a screwdriver and knock against the carb bowl, maybe, just maybe the float got stuck for some weird reason... Sounds like a gas problem...

Edited by 2strokespirit

Sounds stupid, but this is something small... Just take the back of a screwdriver and knock against the carb bowl, maybe, just maybe the float got stuck for some weird reason... Sounds like a gas problem...

float isnt sticking. ive had the bowl off to clean the jets. float was fine. tested fuel flow. everything working properly.