New Here trying to learn

well good, now that you've ruled out lack of compression. put those carbs back on and see what shee can do. i'd probably pick up a set of good looking spark plugs too. it can never hurt to pull the stator side cover off and look at the flywheel and re-set the pick up gap to make sure its correct.

Yea i bought 4 new plugs , lol . When you say re-set the pickup gap what do you mean ? I also need to go ahead and change the clutch anyway probably , but that will be at a later time . I would like to get it running and idling correctly first , i still got to order a new rear carrier aswell .

Once i get it up to par im going to disassemble it and do some paint work to it . I got about a quart of the blue left from the caliber so i will probably paint the frame and control arms blue and get some black plastics and black wheels , but idk yet .

Thanks again!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i bought 4 new plugs , lol . When you say re-set the pickup gap what do you mean ? I also need to go ahead and change the clutch anyway probably , but that will be at a later time . I would like to get it running and idling correctly first , i still got to order a new rear carrier aswell .

Once i get it up to par im going to disassemble it and do some paint work to it . I got about a quart of the blue left from the caliber so i will probably paint the frame and control arms blue and get some black plastics and black wheels , but idk yet .

Thanks again!

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...=96721&st=0

tells how to adjust it.

yea he said he used a better tested and got 125 and 120...

the carbs i bet are filthy...

even buy a set of stock carbs off someone on this site and throw them on...

i bet when there cleaned she will start..

i'd trade my stockers for those 28 flatslides in a heartbeat, and she'd scream, but how could i live with myself :sweat:

if the plugs were black from 5 years ago, hard to start, and not always hitting the powerband, then they were probably too rich on the needle setting, and possibly pilot. before you pot the carbs back on, pull the plugs and kick it a bunch, in case the case is full of fuel from bad float needles. it should normally start without choke, unless it's cold out. also, while you have the carbs off, check the reeds for chips, cracks, or more than 1mm gap. report back on the spark status, as that's a whole nother ballgame to check stuff.

btw, this thread is kinda funny :thanks:

Ahh man you wouldnt beleive how nasty those carbs were , they were terible . The floats and the needles all looked up to par , but they had so much gunk in the bottoms of them i had to use a Q-tip to scoop it all out . Then i sprayed them all real good with carb cleaner and shot 140+ psi air through them in all the little orfices etc. and used a torch tip cleaner to clean out all the little holes . They should be good to go now .

I know when it was running this mofo would definetly scoot out thats for sure , i just assumed they were all like that , lol .

Im going to reinstall them tonight and see what happens , also going to go ahead and check the spark and see what it looks like aswell .

Updates later on this evening when i get off work :biggrin:

I just got paid on my intercooler i sold and have some money in my paypal account ($550) .

Do any of you know if any of the vendors or people on here that sales parts takes paypal ?

I need a peices for sure that im going to go ahead and order while i got some money .

Going to go ahead and order

Headlights (both mine are busted out)

Airbox filter (suggestions on what kind ?)

rear carrier(they sale the twin roll on ebay for like $150 , suggestions?)

Need some new grips for the handle bars , one of mine is gone

Need some new radiator plastics and gas tank plastics all 3 of mine are long gone

AND MAYBE

a new clutch (suggestions on what kind ?)

And maybe an adjustable timing plate( will i need to rejet anything for this mod?)

Thanks again SORRY I ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS

Edited by 04srt4black

I just got paid on my intercooler i sold and have some money in my paypal account ($550) .

Do any of you know if any of the vendors or people on here that sales parts takes paypal ?

I need a peices for sure that im going to go ahead and order while i got some money .

Going to go ahead and order

Headlights (both mine are busted out)

Airbox filter (suggestions on what kind ?)

rear carrier(they sale the twin roll on ebay for like $150 , suggestions?)

Need some new grips for the handle bars , one of mine is gone

Need some new radiator plastics and gas tank plastics all 3 of mine are long gone

AND MAYBE

a new clutch (suggestions on what kind ?)

And maybe an adjustable timing plate( will i need to rejet anything for this mod?)

Thanks again SORRY I ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS

dont need to rejet.

just get the wal-mart lights, and check the for sale section here, i would suggest pipes once you're squared away on the necessities. if you think it screams now, you wouldn't believe the difference pipes makes, and the carbs will work better than with stock pipes. fast, chariot, noss, may have the billet adapter/filter for your air box. nyuk, or minkia38 probably has a pretty new Carrier available too

Edited by AKheathen

i would first get the bike runing...then worry about all they other shit..

She be running tonight , the air filter and the carrier is a must have tho , the other stuff is a looks kinda deal and i must have OCD or something , lol .

I just bought a billet twin row carrier for the stock axles off ebay for 58 bux shipped that someone had dropped , but it wouldnt effect it any .

O and nice truck ! Im fixing to sale my caliber and pick me up another silverado . I want a crew cab 4x4 duramax 05-06 OR a 07-08 ext cab 5.3l 4x4 . I got an 02 right now thats a regular cab that i drive to work and back .

Edited by 04srt4black

Ok now "ZACK45"

What kind of a silly remark was that.

"Just clean up the carbs and pull start it".

Looks like some shade tree mechanic stuff If we ever heard advise like that.

Dont go bashing advise unless you can actually offer "intelligent solutions".

Show me where those proceedures are all that wrong.

Prove it !!

If he does it correctly, it will start with his hand on the kickstarter and NOT, pulling it behind his truck with some damned rope as you put it so wisely.

As a matter of fact, If you cannot be civil, dont respond.

Plagerism of others great advise holds no matter in this case.

What if I did use others advise, which I did not?

Big deal man.

But then again, are you not the BANSHEE HQ Captain here?

Shouldnt "YOU" be the one offering really great advise of accuracy?

You tell him the correct way then. "And not that bad advise you offered him earlier".

If I hurt your feelings, well Im sorry, as I do not mean to be rude as you were.

Dont offer up someone elses advice as being bad unless you can show where the problem lies with some degree of proficiency.

Ok now "ZACK45"

What kind of a silly remark was that.

"Just clean up the carbs and pull start it".

Looks like some shade tree mechanic stuff If we ever heard advise like that.

Dont go bashing advise unless you can actually offer "intelligent solutions".

Show me where those proceedures are all that wrong.

Prove it !!

If he does it correctly, it will start with his hand on the kickstarter and NOT, pulling it behind his truck with some damned rope as you put it so wisely.

As a matter of fact, If you cannot be civil, dont respond.

Plagerism of others great advise holds no matter in this case.

What if I did use others advise, which I did not?

Big deal man.

But then again, are you not the BANSHEE HQ Captain here?

Shouldnt "YOU" be the one offering really great advise of accuracy?

You tell him the correct way then. "And not that bad advise you offered him earlier".

If I hurt your feelings, well Im sorry, as I do not mean to be rude as you were.

Dont offer up someone elses advice as being bad unless you can show where the problem lies with some degree of proficiency.

blah blah blah shut the fuck up..

thanks about my truck..

do you wanna buy it lol.... im looking to upgrade to a NewBodyStyle diesel sooner or later... most likely in a year or 2 when the value can work it self out ...

i got 15,000 good miles out my baby in 7month of ownership and love every min of it.. cant beat a GM fullsize pickup when it comes to overall quality... not a fan of the "tuner" thing... but can respect the amount of work that went into your car, you did a hell of a job..

keep us updated with the banshee... i dident really throw my hat into this ring because there was 5 other people helping you and i remember when i first started here, and how hard it was to follow 5+ people at once...

like i said i would start with cleaning the carbs and air filter and new plugs....

check for spark.... she should start... if there is no spark you can check the pick up gap... but i think its easier to start in the "center and work your way out" so to speak... if you have further problems i have no problem giving you my number to maybe suggest something eles... the info these guys are giving you are good...but maybe some stuff is easier to hear over the phone......Good luck

Zach45

Ya had to go there;

So you had to go there and start the cussing;

Ok there dumbass;

Your suggested earlier that he go out and buy new carbs. Now you say keep them???

You stated earlier to pull start the Banshee , now you offer actual advise??

I can tell you jurry rig your license plate as you do your banshees.

Yes its highly evident that your stupidity overloads your mouth.

Yes I typed in "pickup gap, instead of spark-plug gap"

I at least spelled almost all of my replies correctly.

Again, your a dum ass and most likely a punk kid at that.

Go away little boy

This man can actually see who offers sound advice and those who are just running thier sucks like yourself.

Your reply didnt PROVE anything of your capibilities in your knowledge of the subject, just as I had challenged you.

Edited by R. Rollins

Definitely double check those compression figures with another tester. Shut off the gas, hold it wide open, and kick until the gauge stops climbing. :thumbsup:

x2 I would recheck compression it sounds like you may not have done it correctley, try a second tester and hold the throttle wide open when you kick it several times.