marvin shaw

sa3ood_banshee

hi again,i've decided to upgrade my shocks from stockers to marvin shaw competition ones.front and rear.thats the only one my builder has and i think the only shocks in my budget and if i want some elkas or fox.or works,i have to order them from the u.s,and those brands are expensive,and i even have to pay for international shipping things are too pricey .i was on the marvin shaw's site a while ago and read that i would need to do some slight adjustments to them if i wanna make it dune able,any one of u guyz know what are those tweaks.and do u think i should go ahead and buy them.i 90% of the time cruise around the desert with some small hills,and occasional hill shoot.thnxxx

EDITE:im really eying the coilovers.

Edited by sa3ood_banshee

I know what u mean about shipping, its even worse here in Qatar! Might have to cough up 1.5k Durham to get my rear absorber canister fixed. Theres no nitrogen/oil in there and there are NO replacements in this whole country! Tell us more about your riding style, if your not doing jumps/camel grass you should b fine with standers IMO. I hit 1.5meter jumps wo/ landing ramps, bottoms out, bit its not that uncomfortable

Talking to Tim(jr) the other day and he was telling me they are actually selling allot of shocks geared twards duning now..

RIPPEN

I have rund the Comp. and Hillshooter Marvin's in the dunes and if you ride pretty hard, then they will heat up and fade, which turns them into pogo sticks. I only ever ran a Marvin coil-over on the rear of my old drag bike, the only catch was that it was long and low, so you couldn't really dune it. :confused:

your best bet is going to be to find someone with some used Works or Elkas and just pay for the shipping. Marvins, be comps or hillshooters are not going to be good for duning.

Marvin Shaw coil-overs probably wouldn't be bad. You can even get them with resi's.

your best bet is going to be to find someone with some used Works or Elkas and just pay for the shipping. Marvins, be comps or hillshooters are not going to be good for duning.

Yeah I was more less saying in general they now offer shocks more geared for duning rather than just for drag..

As for comps, or hillshooters I agree those would be a bit on the pogo stick side..lol

Tim Jr dunes the ever lovin shit outta this thing, has a set-up like Shayne is talkin..

Glamis267.jpg

RIPPEN

wt abt the 450 kit,is it gd or just another kit that would need repllacing after a while,and how's the perfomance

dont even look into the 450 kit crap. Buy something MADE for the banshee from the start. My 450 set up can rot in hell in my garage. :biggrin:

hey.....i can sell them to you for cheap :)