Why are my carbs like this?

heya guys, a problem with my carbs me and my mechanic noticed, is that, when you remove the filters and look at the slides ... the choke side carb's slide looks higher raised up than the other one -.-, so you see there is a bigger gap as if the throttle is raised abit only on thechoke side carb, or maybe its that the other carb is just lower than normal and should be raised abit more like the other one, they are both synched though, they lift up at exactly the same time (eye sychned, but done very very well), it seems to idle fine, pulls greattt top end, but on bottom end low rpms it like bogs slightly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what r u using to sync them? if ur using the idle screws(big brass ones on top of the tors) then thats a no go. you need to sync them with the cable to carb nuts(adjustments) sounds like the lower side may be just barley idling i think you want them at the same highth and to raise up at the same time(synced) good luck to ya man. and if im wrong someone please correct me.lol

They are not in synch. If you can see the difference with the naked eye, they are off significantly. Just because the slides are moving together does not mean they are in synch. 1st you must set the idle using a synch gauge. Set both carbs idle screws so they are drawing the same amount of air. Next you must raise the rpm slightly using the cable adjuster at the thumb throttle. Using guage again, adjust cable adjuster at carb cap to get carbs drawing same amount of air once again. Now run the cable adjuster at the thumb throttle back in so you have some play in the thumb throttle, you are done.

WTF. synced very very well, but the slides are not even height. The whole point of syncing your carbs is to get the slides even.

Get rid of your so called mechanic and learn to do it yourself, or rely on your mechanics advice only and stop asking questions here.

Edited by Rodneya

alright, okay, ive got a few questions, for NOW, what shall i do (i don't have the sync tool), oh and i do have the TORS.

i synced them to move up at the same time with the big round silver screw on top of the tors. i don't know where any other golden screw is for the other kind of idle.. and then there is the air screw.. you telling me there is another screw im missing here? and when i adjust the cables, shall i lower the higher slide, or higher the lower slide?

when i get the synch tool, knowing so far up to my knowledge that there is only 1 screw for the idle.. the air screw has nothign to do with the slides, so if im in sync when it idles, then i pull the throttle abit and im abit out of synch, what will i do? if i then re sycn it for half throttle or something, then it wont be synched again for idle

WTF. synced very very well, but the slides are not even height. The whole point of syncing your carbs is to get the slides even.

Get rid of your so called mechanic and learn to do it yourself, or rely on your mechanics advice only and stop asking questions here.

Stop copying what other people told me once and just dont say anything if it wont be useful okay?

Edited by blaster2006

rather not, gonna stick with keeping the TORS

then your an idiot.....stop asking so many damn questions if you never take anyones advice. stop refering to your mechanic because hes an idiot too....Sale your banshee since you cant work on it without everyones help and by a 4 stroke so theres not a need to tune it.

stop giving other people advice on how to jet and work on their bikes when you dont even know how too.

it really is as simple as that man. Im sure your a good guy.

also this is funny,seriously

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

then your an idiot.....stop asking so many damn questions if you never take anyones advice. stop refering to your mechanic because hes an idiot too....Sale your banshee since you cant work on it without everyones help and by a 4 stroke so theres not a need to tune it.

stop giving other people advice on how to jet and work on their bikes when you dont even know how too.

it really is as simple as that man. Im sure your a good guy.

also this is funny,seriously

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

your the idiot you gets so hyped about small things. i dont have to listen to everything you say, when you tell me things like it would be good to remove the TORS its just an opinion, if you could just answer the question it would be nice rather than telling me to do stupid things that i dont care and ddnt give a crap about.

if you just be smart and answer what i asked for it would help, i dont have to listen to everybody else here, if everyone told you to sell your banshee, and you ddnt, we all wouldnt go emo and scream at you and tell you "WE ARE GIVING YOU ADVICE AND YOU DONT LISTEN" most of the advice you give me i am not even capable of or dont want to waste my money on.

Your a retard, seriously.

just use the large screws on top of the tors units to set your idle and sync. do this with

the air filter off. without a syncronization tool, you will have to just "eyeball" the slides

to get them as even as possible. :thumbsup:

BTW i really like that 50th anniversary edition.

Edited by Hilarious

just use the large screws on top of the tors units to set your idle and sync. do this with

the air filter off. without a syncronization tool, you will have to just "eyeball" the slides

to get them as even as possible. :thumbsup:

BTW i really like that 50th anniversary edition.

yeah mate i got that part right, its just by default, one slide is higher than the other, and the carb tops are on properly, all looks good, slides are in properly in, just by default one slide is higher than the other, but when i pull the throttle, they move EXACTLY at the same time.