Boost Bottle?

Badasshee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys got a question. Wats the deal with the boost bottle? Is it a thing i should buy or is it a waste of money? Wats the point of connecting the two carbs like that at the intake boot?

A boost bottle! Why there amazing. Slab one of those on your banshee and you will be doing 6th gears wheelies!!!! :evil:

Hey guys got a question. Wats the deal with the boost bottle? Is it a thing i should buy or is it a waste of money? Wats the point of connecting the two carbs like that at the intake boot?

I run then on both of my bike just because everyone talks shit about them. But if your bike didnt come with one dont buy one it doesnt make a difference either way.

Edited by uwenr

Nobody really knows for sure if they do anything or not, but for 30 bucks, you get some eye candy on your bike

What do you mean nobody knows what they do? I believe I have heard testimonial from no less than 30 members on this subject. Everybody on this site knows its the number one bang for the buck mod anyone can do to their shee. :biggrin:

here is a dyno, of 2 stock banshees, one of them has a boost bottle and rest completely stock, the other is 100% stock. notice the HUGE hp gains

BOOSTBOTTLE.jpg

Damn that's great...I could actually believe that fmf laid that graph to boost sales. (no pun intended) :biggrin: I may actually print that out.

Besides this thread does not keep popping up about boost bottles because of the things we say...It keeps popping up because folks don't know what the search button is used for. I think it should be mandatory to take a quiz on the function of the search button before posting for the first time on this site.

Edited by lokisbuddy

first of let me say this before i comment on the boost bottle. stfu with your stupid fucking search feature! every time some one post a topic that theres some smart ass who comments by saying use the search feature. seriously? the question was regarding boost bottles not banshee forums literacy. if he wanted a smart ass answer he would of made the topic tittle "Does the search feature really answer all of my questions".

now back on topic, the boost bottle acts like a crossover intake, and many (not all) banshee riders here have in some way linked both carbs together via boost bottle, billet cross over intake or even a simple crossover tube. the advantage to this is when your engine starts sucking gas into the cylinders, sometimes the dual carb setup isn't always perfectly synchronized. so when the fuel from one carb is on its compression stroke the opposing side is starting to fill itself back up with fuel. with having the carbs linked together it helps because both carbs can be focused on one cylinder.

its what i like to call the buddy system. now i dont see how a boost bottle can be called junk when crossovers are exactly the same theory and no one talks trash about them. the only complain i can see being legit is that some older boost bottle designs created unnesseary stress on the intake boots and caused them to crack, but since then i have seen new and improved boost bottle setups.

take what you want out of all this. i hope this made sence and let me wrap this up by saying this. i dont see the boost bottle or any other form of this creating huge hp on the dyno, but i do see how this could over all give you a quicker snappier throttle response.