1/4 mile asphault

drap660

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gearing and type of port work. Mines a 4mill 392 on alky and havent made but 3 passes on the track with it and it ran 96mph in the 1/8 mile which on a good pass with better gearing should break 100mph. But its lightened etc.

Yeah your pulling around 70lbs more than me just in rider weight. Also if your quad frame and all the compoents on it are not light drag ones and frames not lightened will be another big difference. My quad probably weighs in wet around 280-290.

I ran at the track a few times,1/4 mile only my gearing was 17-40,inframes,drag port.39s,strut in back and wheelie bar.I was a little dissappointed at the times but it was second tank of gas and untuned,full chassis and not knowing what im doing on a tree(much diffrent than street dragging). I ran a 12.41 at 98mph, since then i ordered out of frames and an overide and well see how it goes this year. I noticed that mph is not everything because my buddies 421 cub ran 12.53 at 101 I didnt pull as much mph but ran quicker

16/38 gearing and some good ole miami porting. Worm holes, raiseed exhaust, port work for the 4 mill, etc. I also weigh in at a nice 265

with those #s your sure its not a hialeah porting????lol...just finished a 4mill stock cylinder stock carbs and v-force 2 reeds,did 103 on the street (1/4) with a 220lb rider..

I bet you ran out of gear way before the 1/4 mark. Gear up and try again

You will be surprised on how to gear a quad for the 1/4 mile. There are very few people that run the 1/4 with a quad. Our quad is in 6th gear before the 1/8 and you wouldn't believe how many feet before. I don't need to BS, our times and MPH speak for themselves.