Got my cylinders back from Porting

lambchop

What exactly are you guys looking for, and what is the author of this post looking for everyone to say? Portwork cannot be determined by just looking at the cylinders. There are port heights and widths that need to be measured to tell what someone did. All that looks like right now is that someone went in and ground on the intakes and the transfers, then knifed the intake bridge.

I agree.. Who said you had to have boost ports?? Had many stockers ported by some well known builders and didn't have boost ports.. Matter of fact I have some from Jeff/FAST And the boost ports have been filled in.. Jmo

What exactly are you guys looking for, and what is the author of this post looking for everyone to say? Portwork cannot be determined by just looking at the cylinders. There are port heights and widths that need to be measured to tell what someone did. All that looks like right now is that someone went in and ground on the intakes and the transfers, then knifed the intake bridge.

I guess what i was looking for was someone to say that they look GOOD! Cause lord knows I didn't want to get screwed, but I guess everyone needs a good screwing now and again :blink:

Hey bro! they look very good, now slap them bitches on and see how good they run! Only then you'll see how good they (look)! :evil:

True dat. Gotta finish painting the frame then, Look out Thumpers

I was told by the guy I use that boost ports are bullshit. He has a dyno and has experimented with everything and says they actually reduce the bpmi's(something like that)

lol, you mean BMEP?? not being a dick just thought it was funny. Break Mean Effective Pressure.

• Like 1

Is it one of the unobtanium alloy booster bottles? :cool:

NO, this one is solid carbon fiber titanium alloy with no flow through the bottle. I was told by my builder that even though it did not flow any air, it would still add 10HP because carbon fiber always adds HP. It works too! I am now passing 12mill cheetahs with my 350 motor!!!

B

After re-reading my previous post this morning... That wasn't a very nice reply. :down: Sorry!

Nobody can tell from a picture what is really going on with a port job... They can however get a sence of wether or not that person knows what they are doing. And your new porting looks to me like whoever did it has done it before and is familiar with porting tools. I would think you should be happy with it. I would also think that whoever did the work could tell you what you want to know. However, if for whatever reason, they cannot... And you can provide accurate port mapping data, I would be more than happy to tell you exactly what you have and what it is supposed to do.

Again, I apolagize.

Good luck

if you measure the top of the cylinder to the exhaust port and to the transfer ports then guys on here will be able to tell you about the port job. By looking at it I like the flow a lot. He did not go too big on the intake and went for flow and on the transfer tunnels he made them huge which is great. Measure the distance for us and we can tell you what pipes and what rpms the power will come on.