New Maxxis Razr tires on the market

Meat

i dont usualy say anthing, but i do alot of reading on tires .

this is a good read..

a little fule to the kenda vs maxxis fire..

http://www.atvrideronline.com/tested/100_0...est/maxxis.html

latter .

atv rider, dirtwheels etc. are totally biased magazines. reviews are based on who drops the most money on advertising.

for example: notice that kenda and maxxis were given pretty good reviews, with the nod towards maxxis.. ohtsu was given a pretty weak review. i would be willing to bet that in terms of advertising dollars it goes, maxxis - kenda - ohtsu.

and if you notice, atv rider doesnt totally write any of them off. this is because advertising in a magazine that gives your tires a bad review doesnt make sense.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atv rider, dirtwheels etc. are totally biased magazines. reviews are based on who drops the most money on advertising.

for example: notice that kenda and maxxis were given pretty good reviews, with the nod towards maxxis.. ohtsu was given a pretty weak review. i would be willing to bet that in terms of advertising dollars it goes, maxxis - kenda - ohtsu.

and if you notice, atv rider doesnt totally write any of them off. this is because advertising in a magazine that gives your tires a bad review doesnt make sense.

I am liking QUAD magazine at the moment. They seem to be pretty unbiased. It's the only ATV magazine on the market that I have a subscription two at the moment. :geek:

A lot depends on where you ride and terrain there is no one perfect tire. Every rider will want something different depending on there experience. I run the pure sports bandits on the rear of mine they probably don`t handle the best but they last a long time and are very heavy. But with all the cactus shale and other sharp rocks rocks around here I have never punctured them to the point of needing plugs. Don`t get me wrong they do have slow leaks, but the sidewalls are stiff enough you could proabably ride them flat with no problems. I haven`t really found anything for the front that I am really happy with. I usually run holeshots or razrs up there but since I run 23-7-10 my choices are kinda limited. I tpically have to run slime or something to keep air in them for any length of time.

A lot depends on where you ride and terrain there is no one perfect tire. Every rider will want something different depending on there experience. I run the pure sports bandits on the rear of mine they probably don`t handle the best but they last a long time and are very heavy. But with all the cactus shale and other sharp rocks rocks around here I have never punctured them to the point of needing plugs. Don`t get me wrong they do have slow leaks, but the sidewalls are stiff enough you could proabably ride them flat with no problems. I haven`t really found anything for the front that I am really happy with. I usually run holeshots or razrs up there but since I run 23-7-10 my choices are kinda limited. I tpically have to run slime or something to keep air in them for any length of time.

thats y i have so many tire/rims

REARS

gecko paddles

razr2

realtors

holeshots (gunna stud for next year)

stock

fronts

razr 2

stocks(going 2 stud)

ahh the ol realtors, I gots me a set of them too :biggrin:

i think every banshee owner should have a pair them

great tire

yea i got them as a spare set with my quadzilla... so when i sold my zilla i kept them and bought new rims for the banshee...

there a good SECOND tire... for the snow or mud... and or if you dont go in sand much where buying a sand tire is no needed..

15 and 16 pounds a piece!!!

razrs always have been and always will be junk. overpriced and overweight. there are too many other better tire options out there for a whole lot less money.

your wrong :down: they are the best tire for gncc style riding :geek: there 6 ply and the tread will hold up twice as much then any other tire out there that is 6 ply :evil:

your wrong :down: they are the best tire for gncc style riding :geek: there 6 ply and the tread will hold up twice as much then any other tire out there that is 6 ply :evil:

twice as long huh? please.

I wish i new about these new tires about 2 mo ago i bought 2 rear tires only for $230 shipped i might buy the fronts though. how much do they cost for 22"??

230 bucks for two tires? haha.. awesome!

i've only ever run kenda's, save for the pure sport fronts

WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt??????? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Those pure sport fronts are GARBAGE

You are the first, and will be the last to like those tires..... They are heavier than any tire I have come across, pack up if you even think about mud, have a uniquely stupid tread design, and oh yeah..... the last thing they want to do is turn :blink: