TORS? Whats that mean?

mfred_2000

Just a quick one, the TORS units, what does TORS stand for, I assume its an acronym? Also if eliminated, what do you do with the wires hanging out of them? Mine are plugged into a harness under the tank? What are they like encoder wires or something?

Thanks

Edited by mfred_2000

Throttle Over Ride System.

Do a search. Plenty of threads. As long as you cut it all out you are fine.

yeah, throttle over ride system, they are triangle shape boxes on top of your carburetors, if you are not really good in mechanics i dont recommend removing them, they dont do much they are just some stupid thing yamaha put.

i am looking into getting a tors eliminator kit and i had a question about it. Do you need to get the kit that comes with the new idle screw or can you keep you old ones? and if you need new ones how do you install them?

No, you can't use the old idle screws. Do a search this thread is everywhere. The kit will explain everything.

Edited by flyRTby

The eliminate kit requires drilling and tapping of both carbs for the idle screws. Without the idle screws there is no idle adjustment. If you dont know what your doing should hvae some one drill and tap them for you. Do a search and am sure there some listings of people that do them. (www.cascadeinnovations.net)(www.vitosperformance.com) Clears up alot of room and is easier to adjust idle after installing the kit.