leaking carbs

the arrows is where the fuel is leaking from i just did a rebuild and cleaned them out really good. and i dont know why they are leaking

Take them off and clean them, it prob has gummed up fuel in it. The side hole are from the bowl over filling from the float either sticking or the needle is bad. when you take the bottom off try and blow through the fuek inlet while moving the float up, if you can't blow through it with the float up your needle is good. make sure your floats are good, i had a float with a pin hole in it and it would fill up with fuel and go out the over flow holes.

Edited by uwenr

Even if the floats are sticking, they should be leaking from the drain tubes coming off the bottom of the float bowls first. If they're not, then the brass tubes are probably plugged, but either way, there's a problem with the floats and/or needle and seats.

Oh yeah i forgot about the tube. My stocks were converted to alky and didnt have them.

i have to clean them again?? i just cleaned them like 3 days ago and they have been on my work bench.. i just put them in the same day i took the pics.. and all my floats are good ohh well i am getting new carbs in a day or 2 so i will toss these in the trash or do somethign with them i have a gun i could always shoot them haha

i have to clean them again?? i just cleaned them like 3 days ago and they have been on my work bench.. i just put them in the same day i took the pics.. and all my floats are good ohh well i am getting new carbs in a day or 2 so i will toss these in the trash or do somethign with them i have a gun i could always shoot them haha

fix it before you shoot it it will be good practice :geek:

u could send em to me :biggrin: then i'll adjust the floats. the probably just got outa adjustment when you cleaned them