float bowls

blue-banshee

05.Banshee.SE are you talking bout the jet in the float bowl? The one which looks like a pilot jet?

This is something many people overlook as they don't even know about this, I didn't, till a someone told me to check, my bike took a good 20 - 30 kicks with the bowls switched around, now 1-3 kicks

As I understand, when your choke is open, the cylinder without the choke draws fuel through that jet and then through the connecting pipe between the carbs. So if the bowls are switched the choke circuit is messed up.

Both bowls should have brass tubes attached to them. They are vents, and are where the gas overflows if the floats are set too high. If one was missing, it would be pissing gas all the time. It's been a while since I had mine apart, but I'm sure, as stated earlier, the bowl with the little jet in it goes on the carb with the choke plunger.

Both bowls should have brass tubes attached to them. They are vents, and are where the gas overflows if the floats are set too high. If one was missing, it would be pissing gas all the time. It's been a while since I had mine apart, but I'm sure, as stated earlier, the bowl with the little jet in it goes on the carb with the choke plunger.

that's why i was confused, because all thy are is an overflow, but some sat they don't have them. that must be why some fill the case when it overfills :rolleyes:

one thing i noticed about ur carbs is that the little piace of plastic that go;s in the polit jet hole and underneath the main jet(its white) if you know what im talking about( hopefully) is missing i always wonder what it is for and if it is really nessary?

That's a baffle. It'll run without it, but better to have it. It helps keep the fuel where it needs to be, when it's sloshing around in the bowls, I guess.

• 3 years later...