float bowls

blue-banshee

Yea they are stock ... and mine have tubes in both bowls ...

post-24164-1234151831_thumb.jpg

~DaVe

your right bowl shouldnt have the tube in it, but it wont hurt anything. do you have another set of carbs that the bowls might have gotten mixed up or did you buy it like that? all the tube does is feed the choke, so its useless in the right carb.

your right bowl shouldnt have the tube in it, but it wont hurt anything. do you have another set of carbs that the bowls might have gotten mixed up or did you buy it like that? all the tube does is feed the choke, so its useless in the right carb.

I bought it like that ...

post-24164-1234153771_thumb.png

on this exploded diagram it calls both sides out as the same part #

??? ??? ???

~DaVe

Hey guys,

This is how it works.

You see those holes on the float bowl ( a big one and a smaller one ). Take a torch and chech the big hole, one of the two float bowls will (should ) have a jet in it ( looks like a pilot jet ), that float bowl goes on the carb with the choke ( that carb has a brass tube going into the float bowl which the other carb doesnt).

It's hard for me to explain, let me know if I need to clarify anything.

p.s my carbs also have pipes in both float bowls, bot only one on the carb itself. Arnt you perhaps confused?

Good luck!!

Yes, one with the jet goes on the choke side, the tube for the non choke side is just blank, no jet, nothing. I think it's blocked off in the float bowl, if you compare it to the other one. As for the nrs, im not sure. It will probly work, you will just have to find out which cylinder is nr 1.

I have a 2005 bike and have them in both bowls...

Maybe they did this so people wouldn't put the wrong bowls on the wrong carbs after a certain year?

I never knew there was ones even without it....................mine are stock too.