antifreeze leak and over heat

killshee

the is a small hose that comes down buy the ratiator on the left side it you are standing at the front i think its a overflow but anyhow my quad started randomly overheating and i cant figure out y

the is a small hose that comes down buy the ratiator on the left side it you are standing at the front i think its a overflow but anyhow my quad started randomly overheating and i cant figure out y

i would check your cap and coolant condition. make sure the impellar is pumping good

Drain your coolant and pop the little cover off on the clutch side that houses your water impellar. Remove the cover for the water impellar and kick your bike over and watch the impellar and make sure its spinning. If it spins free and doesn't sit still, its probably not the issue. Most overheating issues are caused by jetting. If the problem just started happening all of a sudden without any major changes to the bike, you might just have a plugged up jet or fuel line. Pull your carbs off and clean them real good. Check to be sure that all of your coolant lines are in place and tight and going the right direction. It should come from your clutch cover to the bottom of the radiator, and from the top of the radiator to the front side of your head, out the back of the head and down into your cases.

Double check your coolant level, clean your carbs real good and check your fuel lines and be sure they are flowing freely. Then I'd do a plug chop and ensure your jetting isn't the problem. If your impellar spins good when you kick it over, its probably fine. If you really want to check it out to be sure, pull the clutch cover and make sure none of the teeth on your impellar gear are broken.

- Jared

Drain your coolant and pop the little cover off on the clutch side that houses your water impellar. Remove the cover for the water impellar and kick your bike over and watch the impellar and make sure its spinning. If it spins free and doesn't sit still, its probably not the issue. Most overheating issues are caused by jetting. If the problem just started happening all of a sudden without any major changes to the bike, you might just have a plugged up jet or fuel line. Pull your carbs off and clean them real good. Check to be sure that all of your coolant lines are in place and tight and going the right direction. It should come from your clutch cover to the bottom of the radiator, and from the top of the radiator to the front side of your head, out the back of the head and down into your cases.

Double check your coolant level, clean your carbs real good and check your fuel lines and be sure they are flowing freely. Then I'd do a plug chop and ensure your jetting isn't the problem. If your impellar spins good when you kick it over, its probably fine. If you really want to check it out to be sure, pull the clutch cover and make sure none of the teeth on your impellar gear are broken.

- Jared

wait, sorry... to bother, isnt the clutch on the gear shifter side, and the flywheel and stator are by the break pedal? that small place you unscrew is on the front right side, near where the big water hose comes out from the motor (bottom end)? i thought thats the flywheel side?

nope hes right .... but anyhow all my lines are on right my cap is good ... and me carbs a spotless just cleaned them only change i made is went from a 25 pilot to a 27.5 would that change my main seem to be runnig rly good now with the new pilots but it keeps over heating i dont think its lean im getting a desent amount of smoke and i already have 310 mains at 800-1000ft i dont see y pilots would do that.... but maybe its posible that changing the pilots messed up my mains idk im gunna check the impeller later today

gasket is good just did a rebuild and no brown smoke the antifreeze is coming out the hose there not being burn....or smoking funny or anything like that idk im gessing its the impeller i had to work on my moms car today so i didnt get around to it

alot of the time the plastic drive gear will strip out on the back side where the pin goes through the impeller shaft on the back side of the gear.

you might get away with just buying a gear if theres no plastic in the bearing and it still seams to spin freely.

you can just pull the entire cover, pull the e-clip from the shaft and remove the plastic gear to check it.

it's pretty easy and if your carefull it wont cost you a dime to check it out. if you pull the wp cover and the plate over the impeller then you have to buy a new gasket, granted it's only a $3 gasket but you still have to order it or drive to the shop to pick it up.

i cant say that the impellar is your problem but if i were to check it out on my bike i would tip the bike up on the left side and pull the clutch cover, then pop the e-clip and pull the gear to check it out first because if it's stripped out of not it is still free and gives you a better idea of what your next step should be..

Edited by swrbansheeboy