HERR... WOW.....

THE GRIM RIPPER

I just got my banshee back from Kevin last night

He rebuilt the top and bottom end.. and did some work with my carbs.. some new domes and some plate my for cool head.. and took the boost bottle off lol

I didn't get it ported.. yet.. but I did get the 4 mil crank

I have some other little things that need to be fixed but I can't wait to ride it this weekend

Kevin was a super nice guy to deal with.. and explained everything and answered all my questions and then some

I haven't heard my banshee run in over 2.5 years.. and she sounds better now than she ever did.. and that was with 2.5 yr old gas in it lol

Edited by Christada

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my banshee back from Kevin last night

He rebuilt the top and bottom end.. and did some work with my carbs.. some new domes and some plate my for cool head.. and took the boost bottle off lol

I didn't get it ported.. yet.. but I did get the 4 mil crank

I have some other little things that need to be fixed but I can't wait to ride it this weekend

Kevin was a super nice guy to deal with.. and explained everything and answered all my questions and then some

I haven't heard my banshee run in over 2.5 years.. and she sounds better now than she ever did.. and that was with 2.5 yr old gas in it lol

that bullying. dont run 2 year old gas in your banshee. would u like to drink 2 year old milk? i didnt thinks so. i heard gas starts to break down in 2 weeks so that gas was total garbage for ur SHEE. i never run gas that is like older than 2-3 weeks old in my SHEE. :thumbsup:

that bullying. dont run 2 year old gas in your banshee. would u like to drink 2 year old milk? i didnt thinks so. i heard gas starts to break down in 2 weeks so that gas was total garbage for ur SHEE. i never run gas that is like older than 2-3 weeks old in my SHEE. :thumbsup:

Ya I know.. I thought it was all drained when we took the bike apart...

but there was just enough gas in it to start it... and let it idle..

I will drain it completely and put all new stuff in it before I ride it

What are you guys doing for your break ins? I'm just about to finish my HJR 4mil hopefully this week when I get my intake(he forgot to put it on). I asked him about what he suggested for breaking it in but he said he doesn't worry about it lol. I was planning on just mixing half a tank or so of like 26:1 with my 927 and taking it easy for the first few hours.

What are you guys doing for your break ins? I'm just about to finish my HJR 4mil hopefully this week when I get my intake(he forgot to put it on). I asked him about what he suggested for breaking it in but he said he doesn't worry about it lol. I was planning on just mixing half a tank or so of like 26:1 with my 927 and taking it easy for the first few hours.

I am running 20:1 amsoil / 93+ octane for the following

three 5 minute sessions at low rpm (no more than 1/4 throttle) with cool downs between each run.

three 5 minute sessions at mid rpm (no more than 1/2 throttle), w/ cool downs

three 5 minute sessions at high rpm (haul a$$), w/ cool downs

I also check the dip stick, coolant, and plugs between each run for signs of funny business.

After that it is 42:1 amsoil synthetic in 93+ octane and ride as fast as possible ;)

This is probably overkill, but it gives me peace of mind that the pistons and gaskets are seated and coolant or oil are not leaking into places they shouldn't be.

bt

I just emailed him today about it with the same question. My concern was not the breaking in, but the fuel to use. I normally run Belray MC1. That is as full synth mixed @ 50:1. He said it would be cool. I am like you, I will do heat cycles to play it safe. Besides, I can tune the carbs out and everything else during cool downs.

• 2 weeks later...

break in?lol!my 421 cub kev did i bolted it all together on a friday night and sat the break in was a 500ft wide open pass down the track with about 200 more passes after that through out the yr. tore it down sent it back to him couple weeks ago and he said it was probly the best looking set cub cylinders thats been ran that he's seen.so now just waiting for the new and improved cub to get back.can't wait.but to be on the safe side do a couple heat cycles through the cylinders before you hold it wide open for a while

If you do a 4mil stroker set up, the idle exhaust note and exhaust note in general changes? Just curious cuz im building one as well.

Come on, how can you tell if a port job is good just by LOOKING at it. Get that bike running then let us now how it is ;)

and "fiilaysh'd"......no need for that here bud.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got my motor back together last night, well this morning after pulling an all nighter on it. i'm just waiting on a clutch kit to finish it out, get the quad back together, and get some gas.

i'm anxious to see how much difference this HJR port job and fresh 4 mil and top end brings to the table. it should be one kick ass ride!!! :evil:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...