YZ 125 or YZ 250F?

Hey guys, I was looking into buying a dirtbike and i could get a good deal on either a yz125 or 250f. What do u guys think is better? I a die hard 2-stroke fan, however I really haven't ridden dirtbikes a whole lot. Let me know what you think. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Hey guys, I was looking into buying a dirtbike and i could get a good deal on either a yz125 or 250f. What do u guys think is better? I a die hard 2-stroke fan, however I really haven't ridden dirtbikes a whole lot. Let me know what you think. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Depends on what type of riding. I just bought an 04 YZ 250F for $1000. If riding long trails, I'd say 125. Possible track and need torque down low, go with 250F. On a side note, make sure the 250F was maintained very well. If airfilter not cleaned regularly, you might need valve adjustments soon. After valves adjusted 3 times you need to get pretty much a new top end with valves, springs, etc. and valve seats cut....bout $600-$800. If valves are in spec I say get the 250F. If not in spec get the 125. Drop a valve on the 250F and rebuild between $1000 and the sky is the limit. PM me with concerns and check out this thread....

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107045

I have a 250f that I bought brand new in 06 and i maintaind the piss out of it and its 09 now and im still running strong on the original top end. valve check here and there and your done. I went from a 250cc two strke to a 250f and to be honest the 250f feels way more beastly. but between 250F and 125 I would go 250F anyday of the week.

as a hardcore dirtbiker ive ridden both hard. the 125 takes alot of skill to go fast with, its alot of clutch work. the 250f is a nice, but a somewhat boring bike after awhile unless you ride the track hard. the 125 is a very nice bike if you dont have tons of money to spend on rebuilds, you can rebuild a 2 stroke 3-5 times in the money it takes to rebuild a 4 stroke. the 125 is going to make you a much better rider. you are going to learn to use the brakes, the clutch, and the lightswitch (throttle), twice as good as with the 250f. with all of that said, i myself and going to trade my banshee for an rmz250 or a crf250r next year for mx racing purposes, and a yz250 or rm250 (used to have rm125) for fun and practice purposes. four strokes have a tendancy to overheat at lower speeds also. so if your a weekend warrior with not a bunch of money to spend, the 2 stroke is definitely the way to go. if your a hardcore dirtbiker with alot of extra change and patience with valve maintainance and such, the 4 stroke will do just fine. alright, so if your going with the 125, dont get a cr under 05 or anything under 03, you will regret it later.

4 stroke, dont get an rmz or crf or kx-f 04 or 05 due to valve issues, yz-f's handled bad under 06. and have fun!

listen to TJScott.i have a 125 (honda though) and i would like to go with a 250f. 125s i think are tougher on tracks. theres some sections at my local track that would be no prob witha 4 stroke. with my 125 i got to work for it. but the yfzs did have handling issues. they have solid engines though. crfs r bitches with the valve things. but alot of 4s r when u rev em like 2s after a while.

either go 250 two stroke or dont get a two. just my opinion though. try some shit out.