Nerf Bars.....

wacko2000

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put them on! Last time we were in Glamis, my buddy spent 2 nights in the hospital

when the footpeg ripped into his thigh, after he missed the peg after a jump.

There are lots of jumps to air out on in Glamis!

better to be safe than sorry. I was racing up comp hill once at dumont, and my left grip came of while i was in 4th gear going throught the woops, fractured my leg in three places. wish i had the nerfs then. :evil:

SOLD.... I WILL BE PUTTING THEM ON FOR THE TRIP

THANKS GUYS

Well I usually trail ride and don't like riding without them, I actually feel weird and unsafe if I jump on a bike that doesn't have them.

I though the sand might be different.

But I think I'm answering my own question here, they are going back on.

I agree, I think you answered your own question. There is no doubt they can save a leg or two...

ive never run nerfs on my bike, ive never even run the stock foot baskets. ive been racin, haulin ass thru the dunes, and catchin decent air for like 5 years now and havent had a problem yet..knock on wood. but since you have them you may as well use them. like the others say,"better safe than sorry". :thumbsup:

Man I have been struggling with this very same thing for the very same trip-lol.. I use the ever lovin hell out of my nerfs where I ride but for this trip I was considering going without.. I broke my leg and it cost me 4,000 outta pocket because I didn't have them not long after I bought my bike.. I know thye don't look the greatest as you all mentioned but I deffinatly feel more comfortable with them.. Glad I stumbled on this thread, don't feel like QUITE as big of a pussy now..lol

RIPPEN

Rippen you pussy! lol. My ankles are living proof that nerf bars are a good thing. I wouldn't have run my legs over if I had had them on. I'm still confused why I don't have a set though....or at least some riding boots. I say run em if you plan on going nuts and bombing off of a razorback you didn't know was there!