whats a plug chop

mignumspeed

I guess you didnt look too hard :biggrin:

Here you go bro.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/plugchop.html

:thumbsup:

Edited by savage420

its a really unnecessary way of trying to figure out if youre jetted correctly or not. its a pain in the ass to do and you will ruin your plugs in the process..

all that for something you can accomplish simply by looking at the electrode after a WOT run for 5 seconds..

ive never done one and never will..

its a really unnecessary way of trying to figure out if youre jetted correctly or not. its a pain in the ass to do and you will ruin your plugs in the process..

all that for something you can accomplish simply by looking at the electrode after a WOT run for 5 seconds..

thats what ive always done i thought that was a plug chop. but either way it works

Yeah, tell that to your homie Jeff, he has the plug chop in his sig! :blink:

jeff doesnt know anything!! :biggrin:

if guys wanna do them, i dont care, i just think its a waste of time.

The last time I did one I got a piece of hot metal in my eye, I used an air cut off tool and no eye protection. That only cost me 300 bucks for the eye doctor to drill out the metal in my eye and give me antibiotics. All in all the plug chop revealed that my jetting was spot on. :biggrin:

The last time I did one I got a piece of hot metal in my eye, I used an air cut off tool and no eye protection. That only cost me 300 bucks for the eye doctor to drill out the metal in my eye and give me antibiotics. All in all the plug chop revealed that my jetting was spot on. :biggrin:

the piece i cut off flew off and went down my t-shirt and burned the piss out of my chest.........and my shirt. IMO plug chops are a good thing to do after new mods are installed.

i've always read the plugs without chopping, and then used them to go ridding. i can see it being easier to see if you have less than 20/20, or can't seem to get good light down inside. then again, i also torch my fouled plugs with mapp gas if they're not worn.

Click bottom of my sig:

I would really agree with loco on this one. I have never done one and had never even heard of one till i starting going to this site. You should be able to read your plugs without chopping up a set. Just a waste of 5.00 and a good way to burn your fingers lol.