ITS NOT THE DAMN TORS...

have you checked for air leaks at the intakes? also didnt you say that the previous owner was mixing 20:1 and you just changed to 32:1? better do a plug chop cause if it was jetted spot on (which i doubt looking at the crazy things he did with it), and youre mixing 32:1 now, thats less lubrication.

also how can you hear large amounts of air? what exactly does it sound like? is it the sound in the video?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you checked for air leaks at the intakes? also didnt you say that the previous owner was mixing 20:1 and you just changed to 32:1? better do a plug chop cause if it was jetted spot on (which i doubt looking at the crazy things he did with it), and youre mixing 32:1 now, thats less lubrication.

also how can you hear large amounts of air? what exactly does it sound like? is it the sound in the video?

im 200% sure it sounds like there is too much air coming into the engine, no doubt, in video, when you see the timer on 0:50 (counting backwards, so only after 6 secs on the vid) exactly when the timer shows 0:50, thats when i revved it and you hear the air noise for a sec the nit revs high and loud and normal, thats exactly the noise, if its unclear tomorow when its cold ill record from when i kick it over so you can hear. and i double checked the airbox, no leak.

its funny cause, if there is a leak, that air noise would constantly be on it and not go away, this problem is weird and unique, cause it comes, and after 2 taps of me pushing the throttle, the air noise go's away and it revs normally.

here is the video link again

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x182/bl...nt=Video003.flv

just focus on the first 7 secs, the end and rest of the vid the noise does not come

Edited by blaster2006

Sounds like the air lid is off and it runs lean.

lol. the air lid is on :) the only thing thats off is the snorkle.

and i checked if there is any leak from the air box to the carbs, on the ruber tubes which give air to it, and found no leak.

the only possible leak if any is if there is a leak on the manifolds.

i was also thinking, maybe it could be a problem with the reeds?

tomorrow morning ill post a new vid of me starting it from scratch, and exactly how it sounds etc, and ill try to get it with a better quality sound.

i cant wait to fix this problem, cause when i do im gonna get pipes, filter ( pods or 2in1) and maybe some VF-3s.

dude take the god damn thing to a dealer. or get a pedal bike cuz ur to fuckin stupid to clean the jets correctly and sync and tune the carbs. the thing is not getting enpugh gas one way or the other. the jets are probably clogged or or your needle is in the wrong spot or the mixyure screws are so out of whack that it is getting no gas.either way take it to a dealer b/c a person of ur deuchebagness cant be guided over the internet on how to tune up a bike

dude take the god damn thing to a dealer. or get a pedal bike cuz ur to fuckin stupid to clean the jets correctly and sync and tune the carbs. the thing is not getting enpugh gas one way or the other. the jets are probably clogged or or your needle is in the wrong spot or the mixyure screws are so out of whack that it is getting no gas.either way take it to a dealer b/c a person of ur deuchebagness cant be guided over the internet on how to tune up a bike

WOW! i think you just invented a word (deuchebagness). :yelrotflmao:

and to blaster2006, when i said to check the intakes, i was saying the intakes between the carbs and reeds, not the airbox. you said that it cant be an air leak because its intermittant but the leaks could get worse when the engine vibrates and opens and closes the cracks in the rubber. any air coming in to the engine past the carbs (intakes, reeds etc.) is unpredictable because its not metered by the carbs.

check for leaks and clean the carbs. if you dont want to do these simple things then give the stealership your money or run it till you fry the pistons.

tomorrow morning ill post a new vid of me starting it from scratch

starting from scratch is the best idea yet. if you havn't been into your carbs, then draining all the fuel is not complete.

>here we go<

checkoff list- fill in and reply-

you have new br8 plugs.

you have checked for air leaks by spraying between the carbs an egine withwd-40 or propane.

you have cleaned out the carbs, removed the jets, wrote down the numbers, cleaned, and installed.

set the air screws at 1.5 turns, then adjusted when warmed up.

synced the carbs

checked the reeds

starting from scratch is the best idea yet. if you havn't been into your carbs, then draining all the fuel is not complete.

>here we go<

you have new br8 plugs.

you have checked for air leaks by spraying between the carbs an egine withwd-40 or propane.

you have cleaned out the carbs, removed the jets, wrote down the numbers, cleaned, and installed.

set the air screws at 1.5 turns, then adjusted when warmed up.

synced the carbs

checked the reeds

you have new br8 plugs. (yes)

you have checked for air leaks by spraying between the carbs an egine withwd-40 or propane.( how would i know if i sprayed WD 40 on it?)

you have cleaned out the carbs, removed the jets, wrote down the numbers, cleaned, and installed. (no)

set the air screws at 1.5 turns, then adjusted when warmed up. ( how do i know whats good and bad, how will i know that that # of turns is better or worse?, the last time i adjusted on my blaster it sounded slightly different but i ddnt know which is better lol)

synced the carbs. (yes)

Edited by blaster2006

you have new br8 plugs. (yes)

you have checked for air leaks by spraying between the carbs an egine withwd-40 or propane.( how would i know if i sprayed WD 40 on it?)

you have cleaned out the carbs, removed the jets, wrote down the numbers, cleaned, and installed. (no)

set the air screws at 1.5 turns, then adjusted when warmed up. ( how do i know whats good and bad, how will i know that that # of turns is better or worse?, the last time i adjusted on my blaster it sounded slightly different but i ddnt know which is better lol)

synced the carbs. (yes)

spray while it's running, if the idle changes at all, you found a leak.

clean your carbs!

adjust the airscrews untill it idles the highest, then turn the idle back down.

checked for air leaks, on crossover, manifolds etc, found none.

down to bad gas or dirt carbs.

for the bad gas, only time will tell, and for cleaning the carbs ill get to that soon.

my guess now is bad gas,i put my ear on each side of the carbs when it was idling, and when it started to die i revved it, and the air throaty noise would come for 1 or 2 sec, and i heard it coming from both carbs.

both the plugs are almost identical in color too. so if its bad float levels, dirty carbs etc, cant be happened to both carbs same problem, kinda rare...

or am i just stupid etc and i shouldnt be able to tell if i can hear noises from right and left and im just hearing the other carb making the noise?

ill keep you guys updated, as soon as its 100% fixed, i got DMC 916s waiting at the local store for me to buy :)

Edited by blaster2006

checked for air leaks, on crossover, manifolds etc, found none.

down to bad gas or dirt carbs.

for the bad gas, only time will tell, and for cleaning the carbs ill get to that soon.

my guess now is bad gas,i put my ear on each side of the carbs when it was idling, and when it started to die i revved it, and the air throaty noise would come for 1 or 2 sec, and i heard it coming from both carbs.

both the plugs are almost identical in color too. so if its bad float levels, dirty carbs etc, cant be happened to both carbs same problem, kinda rare...

or am i just stupid etc and i shouldnt be able to tell if i can hear noises from right and left and im just hearing the other carb making the noise?

ill keep you guys updated, as soon as its 100% fixed, i got DMC 916s waiting at the local store for me to buy :)

you'll need to rejet anyways, so more reason to get personal with the carbs

ok lets try the 1 thing no one has suggested yet take the seat off and look between the carbs and see if there is a small (like fuel line) sized hose going from 1 carb to the other not to be confused for the actual fuel line if its not that may be your problem becouse the jacka$$ that had it was so stupid he may have pulled it off for some reason. also its not hard to clean carbs get a manual or ask a friend im sure you dont ride by yourself im sure someone you know has some kind experience with it or just spend the money and take it to the dealer becouse banshees are to exspensive and complicatedd to get blown up becouse someone wants to be cheap or just say no thats not it everyone is trying to help to the best they can and im sure that some of the best banshee people are right here and have given you there suggestions its a trial and errror thing and if your not willing to try you may as well give up and get a blaster back or buy a 4stroke becouse these things are the best but also the best at being a pain in the ass also.

also my banshee makes almost the same noise becouse the snorkel is off that is the sound of 2 carbs sucking in alot of air to feed a hungry beast you can put your hand over the inlet to the air box and hit the gas and feel it pull your skin so maybe thats what your problem is or maybe the jacka$$ that had it chnged the jets or needle and leaned it out already you will never know till you dig into it so roll up ya sleeves and get dirty it aint gona do it itself

ok lets try the 1 thing no one has suggested yet take the seat off and look between the carbs and see if there is a small (like fuel line) sized hose going from 1 carb to the other not to be confused for the actual fuel line if its not that may be your problem becouse the jacka$$ that had it was so stupid he may have pulled it off for some reason. also its not hard to clean carbs get a manual or ask a friend im sure you dont ride by yourself im sure someone you know has some kind experience with it or just spend the money and take it to the dealer becouse banshees are to exspensive and complicatedd to get blown up becouse someone wants to be cheap or just say no thats not it everyone is trying to help to the best they can and im sure that some of the best banshee people are right here and have given you there suggestions its a trial and errror thing and if your not willing to try you may as well give up and get a blaster back or buy a 4stroke becouse these things are the best but also the best at being a pain in the ass also.

also my banshee makes almost the same noise becouse the snorkel is off that is the sound of 2 carbs sucking in alot of air to feed a hungry beast you can put your hand over the inlet to the air box and hit the gas and feel it pull your skin so maybe thats what your problem is or maybe the jacka$$ that had it chnged the jets or needle and leaned it out already you will never know till you dig into it so roll up ya sleeves and get dirty it aint gona do it itself

hehe, yes the black crossover tubes between the carbs, which connnects to the right carb where the choke should be the black hose is connected properly, i checked.

I just sat here and read this whole thread. Dont ask me why though.

You really dont listen to people. Everyone has given you great advice on what to do. But you dont listen.

Working on the carbs is easy. I to thought it would was a bitch when I 1st started. Being that I never done it before. But while I was working on it. I found out thats there it really not all that much to the carbs. Suck it up take the carbs off 1 at a time. take the few parts off and clean them up. Grow a set of balls and just do it.

Another thing I dont understand is you said earlier on that you had very little or no money to spend. But all of a sudden you have money for the dealer to work on the bike. You also said once this issues is fixed you going to or want to get pipes,vf3's and a few other parts. Your looking at around $600 US for those parts new. What about those DMC's you have waiting for you at the dealer? Where did this money come from? Put it towards fixing the issuse. Worry about upgrading the bike later, before your buying yourself a new motor. With the money you dont have