clutch basket

MAICK

ok so i was putting a new shift shaft in the banshee a while ago. i had the clutch out and i noticed if i grabbed the basket and the gear i could move each piece a little bit does this mean i need a whole new basket or is there some cushions i can get.

Also so i had my banshee ported and stroked last winter. i had it ported for cpi pipes. (its got fmfs now) i also have a single carb. i need to get pipes and carbs but i dont know what to get first. any comments would be appreciated thanks

Mike

I would say a billit basket because your not supose to be able to move the gear on the basket. The coushins are shot and you cant replace them on the stock basket.

yep it's shot, get new one, depending on what kind of power curve you want, i might go back to duals. do a search on poll results post, there is some graphs and an awsome writeup by snoop on the setups :thumbsup:

yep it's shot, get new one, depending on what kind of power curve you want, i might go back to duals. do a search on poll results post, there is some graphs and an awsome writeup by snoop on the setups :thumbsup:

cool ill have to get me one of those fancy billet ones

yeah kevin from herr ported it last winter he told me i need duel carbs. i just didnt know what would be the better buy (for now). i got enough money to get the carbs and intake or the pipes right now.

Edited by MAICK

cool ill have to get me one of those fancy billet ones

yeah kevin from herr ported it last winter he told me i need duel carbs. i just didnt know what would be the better buy (for now). i got enough money to get the carbs and intake or the pipes right now.

imo the power of the pipes and the power of the engine are a closer match, so you'd make way more improvement by doing the carbs first.