Keihin 34's on stock motor

I have a stock motor with T5s on it, im getting a set of Keihin 34s because my stock carbs are junk and its time to start improving on the bike. The bike is ran only in sand dunes and about 5-10 times a year for a weekend each time.

can someone either help me figure out what needle and jets i need for this or point me in the direction of where to get this info?

All stock motor with T-5's? IMO, you're gonna drown that motor with 34's. I would say 29's, tops. Maybe even 28's.

I agree with stroker unless you plan on porting that thig soon dont do with that big of a carb.

for pj's I would recomend

CEK needles

50-52 pilot

150-160 mains

If you havent bough the carbs yet then go with PWK's they are a much better carb.

josh

thats alot of carb for his stock unported cylinders..personolly i would start with 45 pilots

I've had the Pjs that Solar is talking about buying for atleast 3-4 years on a cleaned up stock port motor. I never had any idle problems or performance issues. Didn't notice much of any low end loss and gained some on the top. If anything I thought these carb were easier to tune than the stockers. It depends on who you talk to I guess. I've been told by some motor builders that 2 carbs of any size are too big for a stock motor and the best performance could be had from a single carb. That idea was supposed to be based on the fact that both cylinders don't suck fuel together they take turns. With a single it's a constant pull through the carb. That all sounded good in theory but I've blown the doors off every single carb bike I ever lined up against. Lots of fact, theory, and opinion behind all this. Just depends on what a guy wants to do.

• 2 weeks later...

well for the stock motor I would at the most run 28's just run the stock carbs with T.O.R.S removed and jet them I have a set out in the shop that are suppostobe jetted for sea level with tors removed that are up for sale they have the ide screws and cable make an offer if you want it? and for my-dixie what kind of port job is on the cylinders what pipes are you running it will help out a bit

i recently bought another shee with quite a few mods already done to it and it came with pwk 36's already on and ive had a few ppl say their way to big for the mods (mods are in my sig) but it starts first kick, idles perfect and goes like a stabbed rat right upto the limiter, ive not had to touch a thing on them since i bought it, although i have just rebuilt the top end as a precaution as i was getting a bit of piston noise, so it'll be even faster now

well for the stock motor I would at the most run 28's just run the stock carbs with T.O.R.S removed and jet them I have a set out in the shop that are suppostobe jetted for sea level with tors removed that are up for sale they have the ide screws and cable make an offer if you want it? and for my-dixie what kind of port job is on the cylinders what pipes are you running it will help out a bit

It's a drag port without the boost ports and some bill's pipes (they can be compared to paul turner mid ranges)..... I think where I am picking up drag is in the jetting of the 34's. That and the fact that I am not running 110 octane with 20cc domes. With 20cc domes is it mandatory to run 110 octane?

Advancing the timing +4 wouldn't hurt either