rz 350 PV servo

doorslammer

how well did that work?

does the servo try to twist instead of opening the valves because its not fixed onto a rigid mounting?

anyone else have a different mounting position?

it worked just fine. Ill take a picture of it. I left the cover off the side where the cables connect to the side of they cylinder and ran it to make sure it functioned properly. Im going to rig it up better with some electrical conduit straps later on and ditch the zip ties, but that was the best place I could find where the cables didnt bend to much or whatever. I threw my motor back in that have the top end off to give ya an idea.......

powervalve002.jpg

yes im looking for ideas how hook upand what parts are needed to make the ypvs cylinders work on the banshee,i have 01 with the ypvs cylinders.i bought it like that and im only running the cylinders,so it is like a stock banshee it still fast but i want toknow how to rig up to make powervalves work so i will have the power it is suppost to have anyone help me thanks.

yes im looking for ideas how hook upand what parts are needed to make the ypvs cylinders work on the banshee,i have 01 with the ypvs cylinders.i bought it like that and im only running the cylinders,so it is like a stock banshee it still fast but i want toknow how to rig up to make powervalves work so i will have the power it is suppost to have anyone help me thanks.

if youve got PV cylinders with the Pv locked open you basically just got a banshee motor, bout the same power.

what have yop got for the rz parts yet

youll need

stator

PV servo

CDI

Reg/rectifier

rz wiring loom (not needed but helps)

battery or battery eliminator

then theres whole lotta little shit like exhaust adaptors (youll probably allready have them)

if youve got PV cylinders with the Pv locked open you basically just got a banshee motor, bout the same power.

what have yop got for the rz parts yet

youll need

stator

PV servo

CDI

Reg/rectifier

rz wiring loom (not needed but helps)

battery or battery eliminator

then theres whole lotta little shit like exhaust adaptors (youll probably allready have them)

RZ with valves open are at about 198degrees exh duration, thats like a drag port setup, producing much more hp than a stock banshee, the blow down is way off, also, running with the ypvs open and not working, you will have to raise the transfers to get the blow down right, to get a better using powerband..

I swapped my YPVS pulley to the right hand side, involved some machining and tigwelding, there is much more space on that side, the servo motor is mounted on a piece of flat bar which bolts onto the right exhaust bracket, I have a long range fuel tank so there is no other place, except if I get longer cables... You can't see the servo motor, so I like it that way...

Also running a zeeltronic cdi which is the new 3 in 1 unit..

Bike has run, but still building a custom set of pipes..

RZ with valves open are at about 198degrees exh duration, thats like a drag port setup, producing much more hp than a stock banshee, the blow down is way off, also, running with the ypvs open and not working, you will have to raise the transfers to get the blow down right, to get a better using powerband..

I swapped my YPVS pulley to the right hand side, involved some machining and tigwelding, there is much more space on that side, the servo motor is mounted on a piece of flat bar which bolts onto the right exhaust bracket, I have a long range fuel tank so there is no other place, except if I get longer cables... You can't see the servo motor, so I like it that way...

Also running a zeeltronic cdi which is the new 3 in 1 unit..

Bike has run, but still building a custom set of pipes..

why is it that yolu need a new stator? can't you just float the ground, and rectify it for dc?

why is it that yolu need a new stator? can't you just float the ground, and rectify it for dc?

The RZ CDI cannot work with the Banshee stator, not because of the DC voltage, the pick ups are differant and the flywheels also..

BUT buy a zeeltronic cdi and you can run a banshee stator then if you get the controller also you can buy a unit which is one little black box with the cdi, and YPVS controller in one, so YOU DON'T need the Yamaha control box anymore... That unit has so much functions you won't believe it man...

Edited by 2strokespirit