My Stock A-Arm Modification Thread

regalrocket

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is trying to track down Yamaha Taper, Race quality Ball joints, I have them in stock. They Run 20.00 each. These are designed and built for use with yamaha Spindles. Also, If anyone is wanting to do a project like this, I can supply the threaded bung machined for these ball joints for another 5.00 each.

I cannot stress enough how nice these ball joints are, they are not automotive tie rod ends. They have a m16x1.5 shaft, most of the moog rod ends are only m14 and have been known to fail if overly abused. Im not bashing what was used for this mod. In fact, the moog joints have been used for years by many fabricators for aftermarket arms. Im just giving you guys a little better option without having to do all the research and track them down.

Yes! This thread is awesome, cant believe I missed it so far. Very impressive man, and something that has always been needed. You should start offering this service to people with stock arms that want improvement over stock without the $$$ of aftermarket.

Good work!

-JD

A couple things here. This is an extremely good idea. As long as you dont bend an a-arm these things should be around forever. You just replace a joint when it goes bad. I cant run a wider front end, or I wont fit in between the trees down in the holes in Oregon.

How do those moog joints seem to fit in the taper on the spindles?

AZCustom: Can you post up a pic or send me a pic of the joint you have. I just want to see it before I order some from you. I was going to use heim's, but I think I may go this route instead.

A couple things here. This is an extremely good idea. As long as you dont bend an a-arm these things should be around forever. You just replace a joint when it goes bad. I cant run a wider front end, or I wont fit in between the trees down in the holes in Oregon.

How do those moog joints seem to fit in the taper on the spindles?

AZCustom: Can you post up a pic or send me a pic of the joint you have. I just want to see it before I order some from you. I was going to use heim's, but I think I may go this route instead.

AZ Custom: I would also like to see pictures of the ball joints.

Here you go guys. They come packaged with the castle nut, cotter pin and adjuster nut. They even come with a boot protector for shipping. The threaded spools I machine in house. They are made from 2026 DOM Tubing and are very strong.

th_PICT0654.jpg

th_PICT0655.jpg

th_PICT0656.jpg

th_PICT0658.jpg

I recon I got a few of those in my garage.... :D

Here you go guys. They come packaged with the castle nut, cotter pin and adjuster nut. They even come with a boot protector for shipping. The threaded spools I machine in house. They are made from 2026 DOM Tubing and are very strong.

Why couldn't you have mentioned you had these when I did my arms haha. I had to shell out $45 bucks for the reamer to get the moog joints to fit the spindles mad.gif. Oh well, I'll hit you up next time!

I just did 2 sets of arms for a local guy the other week. He's done 2 xc races with them so far and couldn't be happier. Mine have taken everything so far without hiccup. I'm going on a riding trip in 2 weeks to eastern ohio for some mountain riding; it'll be some more "durability testing".

I just started carrying these ball joints a little while ago. Im pretty sure you started the mod before I got them in. There is always next time smile.gif .

I doubt you will have a problem with the moog ends. As I said, alot of companies, even the big name ones, used the moog joints for a long time with good success. But one of the downfalls was as you stated, having to ream the spindles to get them to fit.