KTM?

Invader

lol...Did you tell the salesmen otherwise or what man :biggrin:

haha we just laughed and said i fucking doubt it !!! lol but my buddy was a little nervous for the first little bit every three rides we would check the valves and do a comp check ............ he was paranoid and up here in canada race bike = no warrantee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I raced the KTM 525 a few times in gncc and it is great bike, never any issues with anything, and that was bone stock, and it has gobs of low end grunt. I like my modded yfz better. but the KTM a close second,

here's a pic of me racing the stocker ktm

l_ad8eb17ec763800586c0df2017f68efc.jpg

l_4716abacc2c1592ef014d967cbe926d7.jpg

Nice

I raced the KTM 525 a few times in gncc and it is great bike, never any issues with anything, and that was bone stock, and it has gobs of low end grunt. I like my modded yfz better. but the KTM a close second,

i demoed that exact bike. its dave's demo at island motorcycle. that thing was bad ass.

Never owned a KTM quad but had a supermoto bike and all i ever did was fix oil leaks ont he piece and my Honda would flat smoke its ass. They build some nice stuff with bling fromt he factory but hell for what they cost you can pretty much trick out a Jap quad and they will run longer better and out last about anythign out there. And i have had 3 YFZ450'S with 480 kits etc and i would put them up against a KTM any day.

But if you want to buy stock and just ride it i'm sure the KTM'S nice and performs better off the floor

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to be against most on here but I love the 525xc it's got lowend and a load of topend. It's got a chromemoly chassis, aarms, aluminum steering stem and a bunch of other trick stuff from the factory as well as a top notch motor. I've been impressed with em and they ride real nice. Plus it made 48 hp on the dyno stock, with stock exhhaust,filter etc. If I had the money I'd have one as a backup duner.

The 525 turbo with 48mm TB injection build should be done in a few weeks.

• 5 months later...

i love the ktms but they look kinda small.. probly not to great for a taller rider?

well i'm, 6'4 . so anything to me fits "small" LOL. my YFZ don't fit me much better. hell even my banshee feels small to me LOL. BUT the KTM has a feel of almost sitting on top of it, while the YFZ has more of a down in the cockpit feel if you know what i mean. I always add a taller stem and a higher bend bars to all my quads. and the ktm has adjustable stem from the factory so you can either make the bars closer to you or farther away, a really nice feature. The KTM is really nice once you get used to it, it has gobs of low end torque. Now this is based on the 525 model I raced, i never rode the 450 version.

Edited by Angel ripper