KTM?

Invader

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1559395

sry bro but they have the same engine.. read the part where it says big bores for a reason

Actually the motors in the KTM 450 and 525 are basically straight out of the bikes. The motors in the outlaws are some that ktm made just for poolaris. SOHC slower revving, and heavier.

There ok if your into rebuilding every 40 hours. There for the people who have everything paid for and only use it to race. You would be better off staying with blue, everyone knows that shit... If your into racing spend part of 3 grand in your pocket AFTER you buy yourself a shiny new yfz450r on exhaust, filter, programmer, some hipers and tires and you will be faster than the 525.

They do look cool though

i doubt that a 450 would beat the 525. i have atv action mag and both the 525's beat the raptor 700 like nothing. also dont quote me but i never heard of anyone haveing to rebuild one anytime soon. they are nice ass quads.

I dont think a 450 is faster, maybe a little better on a track but for XC i would think the 525 would be better. A race between the 525 and a 450 would be close though. Also don, out of all the drags ive done i found out the 450's are faster than the raptors. I would like to see a compaison against the ktm 525 and a 450. I think it would be pretty close. I read the polaris 525 is a dog compaired to the ktm 525.

Edited by bansheejoel

Actually the motors in the KTM 450 and 525 are basically straight out of the bikes. The motors in the outlaws are some that ktm made just for poolaris. SOHC slower revving, and heavier.

All the KTM 450 and 525 XC motors are SOHC, they've also got wider cases than the bikes to fit the reverse gear. The KTM and Polaris Outlaw motors are the same, the difference in power between the two comes from the factory exhaust/intake/ignition that each brand uses and KTM definitely has Polaris beat on those.

Your retarded..End of story

mikenick and joel i invite both you mother fuckers to ever say that shit to my face..

but I digress, a lot of dealers are not even letting them out the door with written consent of top ends after 40-50 hours. Plus, the old yfz450s make quick work of 700s, both in straight lines and around tracks, so i'm a little confused where you guys are going talking about 525 against raptors.. the extra power, better chassis, and more rider oriented yfz450r will continue to dominate for blue. ktms are cool and they have some trick parts on them but like i said before, you put those aftermarkets on the yfz you will have yourself a much more reliable, faster quad.

• 1 month later...
HAHA!!! Shut up Mr. Rebuild every 40-50 hours...Goto sleep

its all personal prefferance i have ridden all 3 ... yfz 450 and both ktm"s the ktms are nice and have decent power "i" prefer the yfz 450 it suits me people get way to caught up on personal opinions here lol both are nice machines and when the yfz 450 first came out a buddy baught one and after the sale and the deal was done the salesman actually looked us in the eyes and said " have fun boys this bike needs a top end every 25 to 30 hrs!" believe it or not haha the guy was a fucking tool but false info is spread all the time :thumbsup:

Edited by mason07shee

its all personal prefferance i have ridden all 3 ... yfz 450 and both ktm"s the ktms are nice and have decent power "i" prefer the yfz 450 it suits me people get way to caught up on personal opinions here lol both are nice machines and when the yfz 450 first came out a buddy baught one and after the sale and the deal was done the salesman actually looked us in the eyes and said " have fun boys this bike needs a top end every 25 to 30 hrs!" believe it or not haha the guy was a fucking tool but false info is spread all the time :thumbsup:

lol...Did you tell the salesmen otherwise or what man :biggrin: