KTM?

Invader

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met a guy a few weeks ago while I was riding, he had a brand new one and he loved it. Said he had rode it all ad likes the ktm the best. I was looking to line them up but he said it was brand new and didnt wanna beat it up.. :blink:

I think he was scared...lol

I rode one a few times. As far as 4 strokes go its top dog (525). Excellient brakes. But I'd rather ride my Banshee any day.

ktm's are by far the nicest bikes on the market now. imo. they come from the factor built awesome. they are expensive but i'd love to have a 525. you should read mag articles about it i have and they win all of em except price! but the brakes suspension...ect. everything is built to race. the mx versions even have higher steering stems and lower seat position idk its all in the mag i got not sure which one.

Are you racing it and if so how many mods did you put on it? Is it as race ready as they advertise it to be?

I've ran 2 hare scrambles on it and it definitely is race ready from the factory, but I put a few things on it over the last year out of preference. I've got a set of Hiper beadlocks and Razr2's all the way around, some Fasst Flexx bars, an HMF slip-on (stock headpipe is really good) w/ a JD jet kit, Powermadd handguards w/ wraparounds, ProArmor belly skid, PRM bumper, the Scotts/Ohlins steering damper, some stainless steel mesh oil filters, an 07 Honda throttle and billet extended lever, stock FCR carb modded by Baldwin Racing...I think that's most of it. I'm debating on getting the Ohlins GNCC kit added to the stock shocks and a Rekluse clutch.

I've ran 2 hare scrambles on it and it definitely is race ready from the factory, but I put a few things on it over the last year out of preference. I've got a set of Hiper beadlocks and Razr2's all the way around, some Fasst Flexx bars, an HMF slip-on (stock headpipe is really good) w/ a JD jet kit, Powermadd handguards w/ wraparounds, ProArmor belly skid, PRM bumper, the Scotts/Ohlins steering damper, some stainless steel mesh oil filters, an 07 Honda throttle and billet extended lever, stock FCR carb modded by Baldwin Racing...I think that's most of it. I'm debating on getting the Ohlins GNCC kit added to the stock shocks and a Rekluse clutch.

bad ass bike. they are bad ass from the factory.

There ok if your into rebuilding every 40 hours. There for the people who have everything paid for and only use it to race. You would be better off staying with blue, everyone knows that shit... If your into racing spend part of 3 grand in your pocket AFTER you buy yourself a shiny new yfz450r on exhaust, filter, programmer, some hipers and tires and you will be faster than the 525.

They do look cool though