Buttercup/Gordons/Glamis

shee4speed

I've been going out to these riding spots for years on years.The question I have is how bad are they cracking down this year? As far as the stickers,I've never bought one before and been just fine with the little RV tag stuck on the bike somewhere. Anyone have experience this year with the stickers? I only ever buy the annual camping pass and thats it. I dont plan on getting the 30 dollar stickers for each quad (5 total) and I'm leaving Tuesday for the week down there.

I've been going out to these riding spots for years on years.The question I have is how bad are they cracking down this year? As far as the stickers,I've never bought one before and been just fine with the little RV tag stuck on the bike somewhere. Anyone have experience this year with the stickers? I only ever buy the annual camping pass and thats it. I dont plan on getting the 30 dollar stickers for each quad (5 total) and I'm leaving Tuesday for the week down there.

Where you live in AZ? I've never had a sticker to be honest.. guess I'm the lucky one who never gets caught. Where are you staying for thanksgiving?

I'm in Arrowhead (N.Glendale) area. I've never had a sticker,only put the little plates on the bikes. Never had a problem. We are most likely camping at Buttercup. Go West down Grays well road past the trees somewhere.

Trees, what trees?

I had a kids bike that I never registered at all. Been taking it for 10 years. Use it as the camp bike to run to the store and drags and stuff.

Trees, what trees?

I had a kids bike that I never registered at all. Been taking it for 10 years. Use it as the camp bike to run to the store and drags and stuff.

When you go West down Grays Well road,past Midway.You'll come to some trees.You cant miss them. You live in Cali. The stickers apply to out of staters I believe.

Thanks for the reassurance.I've never even thought about it till someone said they are cracking down on them. I can't believe people spend 35.00 on that POS sticker for every bike,if they have their little plate.

I have heard different stories from the law enforcement at glamis. One time i was told that an out of state registration was all that was needed, but then i was told that we had to have the Cali OHV sticker regardless of other registration. That being said i have never been stopped to look for registration or OHV stickers. They do however look for the camping pass, couple of my buddies got hit up for that and the fine was $125 i think.

check out this link. If you have registration you are good! I don't run a plate on my 450R, so i guess i will keep buying the pass for it.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/

Edited by CombatTalon2

Just got back from Buttercup today and the big differance from last Feb. is that they now direct you in to buy your camp permit. $40 per vehicle for the week. However you can get it cheaper online.

The sidewinder shell gas station sells them for $25 a week and $90 a season just like normal.

Sidewinder road about 4 miles east of buttercup off the 8.

KD Cycle in yuma also has them for the reg. price also.

i was at gordons for halloween and i got a ticket for no seatbelt in my rhino and i was talkin to the sheriff out there he was tellin me that you can't just run the rv plate you have to have the mc plates and have current tags on the bike or you have to purchase the stickers last year i was sittin at the sand drags at gordons and a sherriff got me for not having the stickers i wasnt acting stupid or doing dumb shit i was just sitting there so what ever you guys do thats up to you i'm just informing you of my encounters.

The only problem we had was the Sobe bombs are now enforced.They will fine you 3 grand and send you to jail for firing off an explosive device.Our group talked us out of any punishment but got threatened to get kicked out and they will take your passes. For everyones sake,DO NOT light off Sobes anymore. :evil: