How to spend $900

OKCterror

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer in frames and a mid to top end port job with a timing plate. This will make more power than any other combo for that amount of money and includes shipping.

Kev's dune port ran frickin awesome when I had it with Shearers.

On another note: I have some CPI inframes for sale, I'm up in Stillwater and come through OKC often. Lmk.

I would agree with the 4 mil and port work. get your internals taken care of then you can play with bolt ons later. If you go into to do a stroker it only makes sence to port it at the same time since you have to pull the motor apart any ways. You already have the basics covered they can easil be upgraded down the road.

the cool head is a good choice cooler means power if your gonna run it for long periods of time.plus you can switch the domes for pump or race fuel.stroker crank and shearer pipes and all that sounds wonderful but for 900 unless your doing all the work your self isnt gonna b enough money.i say advance your timing bore your cylinders to some pro-lite pistons then port the cylinder all at the same time.the reason you want to bore and do the pistons is if you port now and later need to bore and install the pro-lites you will loose some performance from the port work,someone correct me if im wrong.a good port job will add more power than a stroker crank shearer pipes or any or the other mods.but if you had it all it would make more of a difference but remember you where talking about 900$.you can save your cash and do it all or i would just advance your timing bore pro-lites good port job get it jetted and tuned right and you will be head over hills faster than you are now,along with your cool head you already have.youll be much faster and will b able to do it all for the money your wanting to spend.oh if you decide to go with a stroker crank go with the hotrods crank and not the vito's.

i 4 got to mention after you get you shee ported you will need a clutch theres another 100 there.i recommend a clutch kit from F.A.S.T. best clutch money can buy for the price and way cheaper than a lockup set up by far.this is the clutch i run with a +6 swinger and 2nd gear hole shots has held up well.

This is what i got for now. Gonna slap em in and then ship the jugs.

Picture1329.jpg

how much that billet timing plate set ya back? around 80 bucks?

you could have gotten the cheaper rickystator plate and taken

the difference and put that in a pancake bearing on your clutch adjuster.

you will have the clutch cover off to put that impeller in anyway.

just a thought, i know i am replying a bit to late here. lol

how much that billet timing plate set ya back? around 80 bucks?

you could have gotten the cheaper rickystator plate and taken

the difference and put that in a pancake bearing on your clutch adjuster.

you will have the clutch cover off to put that impeller in anyway.

just a thought, i know i am replying a bit to late here. lol

got it for 80,lol, i installed the impellar, stator to +4 removed the old reeds and started to cut the intakes, installed the new pet-cock, and removed the old head. Just gotta tie up loose ends and install the new head tomorrow.

Use some vasoline on the orings to help hold them in place.

Take the water fitting of the back of the head too. That way your not fighting the radiator hose and trying to keep all the orings in place at the same time. Once you get the head snuged down put the rear water inlet fitting in to the hose then bolt it back on the head.