2008 yfz shocks

bbcmudtruck

Has anyone ran the 08 yfz shocks on their shee yet? They are supposed to be preload and compression adjustable. I'm thinking of selling my works dual rates and snaggin some of these babies. How would they sit on +2 arms and a 220lb rider?

Do they fit or do you have to modify? I think you do on the others.

They are the same as all the other yfz 450 shocks except they have both high and low speed compression adjustments. You will still need to modify them to make them fit. The sticky at the top of this forum has all the details.

The new 09 yfz450r will probably have different shocks though... longer if nothing else.

Edited by Ruko

depending on the type of aftermarket a arms you have you may not have to modify the lower part of the shock. since my arms have heims for ball joints they have a more travel than the stock a arms do before they bind. I may not have to compress the shock to get them in, I may have to try in the future.

i dont know if there is any truth to it or not but i was told that the 08 shocks are an inch longer than the older 450 shocks and are stiffer as well.this is only what i was told from a friend.