Jetting suggestions with Keihin 35 PWK

Fre530d

Hello Guys,

It's been a long time since ive been here but i'm going to dedicate some more time to my banshee again.

I want to buy some Keihin 35 PWK carbs to get some more power out of my banshee.

I have dune ported cylinders from FAST , 20cc domes, v-force 3 reeds and Trinity stage IV pipes, I run 98 octane fuel.

I run a 360 main and a 27.5 pilot right now with stock carbs and it runs great.

What jets must I definitly have to fine tune those 35 PWK carbs to my mods?

Another question, I also want to buy a +4mm stroker CUB cylinder, what jets do i need for this one for the 35PWK carbs?

With regards and thx.

Fred

start with 162 mains and 48 pilot, needle in the middle. i would work down from there. youll probably end up at 160 main and 45 pilot im guessing. in my experiences most of the PWK carbs all jet about the same way.

as far as the cub, my 4mm and 10mm cub motors ran with 39mm PWK have always been in that same range.

if you want a second opinion, why dont you just call Jeff and ask him?

Thx for the answer.

I have got another question :

If i want a cub setup, and don't want to work on my engines cases and want good reliability.

What's the best setup for me? Stock stroke , +4mm stroke, or +4mm stroke long rod or somthing bigger perhaps?

What are the posibilities for a cub setup?

What's the advantage from a long rod or +4mm , can someone explain this to me pls?

THx in advance.

a long rod doesn`t increase displacement a 4 mil crank will. long rods reduce side loading on the pistons which reduces friction. longer rods also increase dwell time at tdc slightly so the combustion charge has more effect on the piston. but you will get more power from a 4 mil crank than you would just going to a longer rod

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like your all fixed up Fred. Glad the package made it safe to Belgium. Just holler at me if you have any questions!!

Sounds like your all fixed up Fred. Glad the package made it safe to Belgium. Just holler at me if you have any questions!!

Yeah the package made it safely to Belgium, thx for the well packaging !

I have a question,

i installed the carbs PWK35, the billet intake from FAST today , after I synced the carbs i wanted to put my PODS on but it I cant get them on. They hit the airbox support round pieces and i am unable to get them on.

What can I do about it , thx ? Do I have to cut those with a grinder?

Fred

Yes , grind/cut them off or if you must keep them try turning the filters one way or the other.