Will I blow the tires off?

grpark20

I had 20x10x10s on mine when it was stock they were great. After the port work, pipes and carbs they wouldn't hook up anymore. Just fishtailed and shook.

I put 21x11x8s and now IT HOOKS.

I'm going to go crazy trying to figure this out. I already have the 10 inch rims so I'm stuck......either the 20X10X10 9 paddles or 22x11x10 10 paddle haulers? So it's blow off the 20's or not have enough motor to turn the 22's. Let's say no matter what I make the wrong decision.......can I change gearing enough to correct??

I'm going to go crazy trying to figure this out. I already have the 10 inch rims so I'm stuck......either the 20X10X10 9 paddles or 22x11x10 10 paddle haulers? So it's blow off the 20's or not have enough motor to turn the 22's. Let's say no matter what I make the wrong decision.......can I change gearing enough to correct??

IMO you have way too much power for those 10 inch rims. 8s give you more rubber to the ground. Ask your builder. You can sell the 10s here to someone with a stock motor. You'll be happier with 8s.

I have a new update to the decision....I'm getting both ....the 20X10X10 9 paddle hauler extremes and the 22x11x10 10 paddle haulers.......Decision came when the wife decided to donate me a grand to my build. I guess she got tired of me reading the clymers all night and watching nitro tates video. So, do you think this will be the best choice for drag and play?

I have a new update to the decision....I'm getting both ....the 20X10X10 9 paddle hauler extremes and the 22x11x10 10 paddle haulers.......Decision came when the wife decided to donate me a grand to my build. I guess she got tired of me reading the clymers all night and watching nitro tates video. So, do you think this will be the best choice for drag and play?

a grand?? fuck the tires.. buy a cub!!

a grand?? fuck the tires.. buy a cub!!

Unfortunately my wife has gotten very smart on the shee...no thanks to Bansheehq :banghead: .....so she knows whats what. Besides this is a big jump from my previous set up---see sig----and with the jugs still on the 64mm bore there is tons of life left. When the jugs need resleeved I'll get the cub. Probably in 10 years when I get the 30 ft toy hauler and F350 she knows nothing about. :whistling:

Doesn't make sense buying two sets of tires because you already have the rims. It's just two rims and they don't cost that much to buy 8's with the tires, Its a lot less to buy tire/rim combos than two sets of tires to fit your 10" rims . Save the money and buy other parts for the quad to ride nicer or more power. Just my two cents.

You have a lot of people on here trying to steer you two 21 or 22 on 8" rims, theres a reason for that. We are not in this to make money off of you, just help out from experience.

Doesn't make sense buying two sets of tires because you already have the rims. It's just two rims and they don't cost that much to buy 8's with the tires, Its a lot less to buy tire/rim combos than two sets of tires to fit your 10" rims . Save the money and buy other parts for the quad to ride nicer or more power. Just my two cents.

You have a lot of people on here trying to steer you two 21 or 22 on 8" rims, theres a reason for that. We are not in this to make money off of you, just help out from experience.

Sorry...meant to say 10's for playing and 8's for dragging.......Since we are on the subject, have you ever seen this siz hauler....23x10.5x12.....here is the add...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/910244754.html

Next question is is it a good deal and will I have the power to turn them?

Stay away from those tires. 21 or 22 max for the power you have. If you run the 22's with to many paddles, you are going to bog it down. 21 are a happy medium. Run less paddles. The more paddles you have, the more drag on the motor there is at speed. If you are shooting hills, run less paddles. I would rather lose a little of the low end and have a lot more top end speed.

If you were running a cub, you could run more paddles and worry as much having to change your gear to suite the tire diameter.

Stay away from those tires. 21 or 22 max for the power you have. If you run the 22's with to many paddles, you are going to bog it down. 21 are a happy medium. Run less paddles. The more paddles you have, the more drag on the motor there is at speed. If you are shooting hills, run less paddles. I would rather lose a little of the low end and have a lot more top end speed.

If you were running a cub, you could run more paddles and worry as much having to change your gear to suite the tire diameter.

:thanks: