lots of problems

grizzly700

srry im new to this forum so i havent had a chance to navigate around and figure things out yet and im sure these topics have been discussed a million times elsewhere. i just bought a banshee for $200 that im pretty sure is stolen cause he the response for when i asked for the keys was " i lost em". so the first question is how do i go about activating the ignition. i want to put a switch under the seat by the airbox but need to know wat wires to connect to make it go. i only found two wires on the female plug to the ignitioon so i assume just jump them but ne input would be nice. secondly the carb cap that hold the float and spring in is stripped so should i just buy new carbs off ebay or is there an easy fix for that. thirdly it has fmf gold series pipes, they have a few dings but nothing too restrictive so i wanna keep them for a bit. im thinkin toomey t5s but not sure. i wanna do a low budget build so less than like $1500 in aftermarket parts after i get it running. it has good tires on back they r itp holeshots and i need new front tires and rims all around so that is not included in the $1500. i appreciate all help. thanks im new to this forum and i know all the gurus are on this site so i know u guys got this on lock.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will help you if you have a stolen Banshee.

i paid for it he didnt tell me it was stolen so im not for sure. he may have really lost the keys but it just seemed fishy u know? its not like i stole it im just trying to get it back to good condition.

Get the numbers checked for sure. First off if you bought a stolen bike you may as well have stolen it yourself since you are supporting the persons bad will on other people. Plus checking the numbers now might mean the difference between finding out that you got a great deal on a good project bike that is worth putting some more cash into, or going to jail cause the cops ran those numbers one day while you were out riding and losing out on all that cash you just dumped into it. I hope you got lucky and found a good deal from someone that just needed the cash, but if not I hope the guy that got the bike ripped off from him will be nice enough to kick you a couple of bucks for getting it returned to him and hopefully getting the bastard that stole it off the street and away from the rest of our bikes!!

I HATE THIEVES!! :down:

$200 is not such a good deal if you get caught with a stolen bike by the cops. Not to mention if you get caught by the guy it belongs to!

Dude, it's hard to find a good frame for $200. That thing's stolen, no question. Definately call the police and have the numbers ran. At least that way you won't get in trouble when you get stopped in the future. Yea, if it's reported stolen they'll take the bike, and you'll lose out on $200. But, it's gotta be better that catching a felony charge for it. You obviously have some way of contacting the guy that you bought it from. If it is on the hot list, and he doesn't give your money back, rat his ass out. Then, he gets the charge, AND you get your money back when he's convicted.

it may not be stolen, i could be a j frame or the motor could be shit or something like that, i bought mine for 500, i wish i had a picture of what it looked like when i got it, it was blown up needed new cylinders and just about everything, but i like it alot now, i hope yours isnt stolen and you get to rebuild it, and maybe you should put up a few pics of it

i called eric the guy i got the bike from and he swears that its his. he said he bought it four years ago from some guy he met at badlands or something. the fact that he gave me his number wen i bought kinda makes me think maybe its legit. im still gonna call the dealer 2marrow and see wat they say. if they cant help me then ill call the police and tell them the serial numbers. he said the reason why he is selling it so cheap is cause he doesnt have the money to buy new carbs and that he wrecked it but the frame looks good to me. he said he couldnt get it started and didnt have the money to fool with it. he claims he lost the keys wen he moved back to his dads house cause his house was foreclosed by the bank. so i would assume he needs the money fairly bad. ill post 2marrow with my results and keep you all updated. and for the record i didnt know he didnt have the keys until after i had paid him. i was like do uu have the keys? and he was like no i lost them wen i moved back. i wasnt worried about them b4 that because i could obviously see it didnt run cause the carb was apart and the fuel line was off. then it cracked wen i drained the gas today neway so... thanks for the input. ill post tommarrow.

I hope its not stolen. But if it is atleast you made someones day by getting their bike back. Who knows though, I got mine by trade for my old blaster (total $600 investment) but mine was in pieces to. But look at it now! lol wish you luck with your build if its legit

Whats the last couple #s on there? maybe we can tell what year it is. Just have the police come out and do a check the dealer isn't going to help there's no money in it for them. Get some pics and let us know what they say and let the guy know your going to have police come out and check it. Then see if he starts to get a little nervous.

Whats the last couple #s on there? maybe we can tell what year it is. Just have the police come out and do a check the dealer isn't going to help there's no money in it for them. Get some pics and let us know what they say and let the guy know your going to have police come out and check it. Then see if he starts to get a little nervous.

Good idea.

We'll definately get that thing built sweet for ya if its legit.