Premix... best oil fuel ratio

110/klotz at 50:1.

why are some of you guys running so much fuckin oil? 24 and 32:1?? what the hell? you afraid youre gonna seize it or something?

I second that, I run Amsoil Dominator @ 50:1 like the bottle says. I have run the 100:1 but it's more for equipment and not performance engines. I have seen engines that ran Amsoil up to 325:1 and had ZERO lube issues. You guys should use better ratios and a quart may last a little longer.

Marcus

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I purchased my Banshee I went by the owners manual recommendation and started out with Yamalube 24:1. It doesn't foul plugs and runs good at that ratio, so I figured I really didn't have any reason to lean the mixture. Awhile back I removed the head to install a Noss head and the pistons/cylinder walls looked great.

Where I live doesn't have alot of riding areas, so I have to trailer to do any real riding. I don't get to ride nearly as often as I would like, plus I have another quad which I alternate riding. So the amount of oil I buy isn't really that much of an issue.

Just explaining my ratio reasoning.

I ONLY run the Maxima's Castor 927, I pull off my pipes and the exhaust port has ZERO carbon buildup, pure oil in it. I mix at 32:1 Its easy and very safe. The only other oil i will recommend is Motoul 800, Thats some good stuff right there too.

I have used every oil mentioned and many others, and none of them are as clean as these two.

Synthetic blends are made to run with less parts oil than gas. And I'm pretty sure the Amsoil is pure synthetic, there would be no reason to run it at anything more than 44:1 unless your not willing to rejet your bike, and are currently jetted for some ridiculous mix like 20:1.... Any quality synthetic or petroleum/synthetic blend should be 100% safe and clean to run @ 50:1... especially if your not racing (or constantly wot)

• 2 weeks later...
More oil = more HP. That's proven. All the way up to 16:1....

Find an oil, stick with it....then fix your jetting. A two stroke shouldn't foul plugs if it's jetted right...and in good mechanical shape, period.

dajogejr, just curious how more oil = more hp. doesn't excessive oil, create excessive heat? and wouldn't a synthetic oil @ 50:1, make more power than a synthetic or conventional oil @ 32:1, cause there is less oil for drag/friction, and synthetic oil is slipperier (less is needed to provide same lubrication as a conventional oil), so there should be less friction, so theoretically it should rev quicker and make more hp. also, less oil to try and burn. i think its easier to burn/ignite gas than oil. i'm not trying to be a smartass or something, just want to know how more oil = more hp....i'm always up for learning something new. :smile:

Find an oil, stick with it....then fix your jetting. A two stroke shouldn't foul plugs if it's jetted right...and in good mechanical shape, period.

Man I have not read one thing you have ever wrote on here that didnt make total sense..... In fact when I see you have posted a responce to anything I read it because I usually come away learning something. But More Oil = More Hp? And "all the way up to 16:1? Thats pretty much not alot of oil at all and doesnt seem to fit with what your preaching? Im confused, Im callin typo or something? :confused:

ive been runnin Belray's H1R for 5 years now in 3 different banshees and a 250 R at 50:1. have never frozen a rig, and i run them pretty hard, ive ran my jetting super lean on accident and never any problems. at 50:1 oil is dripping out of my pipes, i couldnt imagine what 20:1 would look like. Thats what ive allways been told to run and have ever sense. I allways thought that the benefit of running a synthetic oil is to run less which creats more hp.

More oil= more hp. I don't know if dja is jokin or serious but the more oil in the air fuel mixture the more load needed by the engine to compress the mixture. Because oil is more heavier and viscous the gas.

Therefore decreasing it would decrease the load on the engine which would result on more hp. A person should figure the least amount of oil needed to reduce friction and overheat and that would be his best setup

Edited by screamin_banshee_2003

This has been discussed many a time before, More oil = more HP. I agree with dajogejr.

Search the forum and find out why.

i run golden spectro ONLY!! never have had a problem i run at 52:1 been runnin it for years and have had alot of friends that also run it and no issues infact i cant recall ever seein an engine fail on golden spectro. a friend lost 3 engines on klotz at 40:1.