Keeping Her Shinny and new!

04titanse

Here is my Shee after a Coal Hill trip... Also at this point I have 8-10 rides after a frame-up

rebuild... I ride the woods! I use Simple Green and a Goof Off 2 in the orange bottle...

Wet it down...

Spray on the Simple Green heavily!!! Let is soak in...

In a bucket use Simple Green to get some warm sudszy water...

Wash...

Lightly spray with power washer... (Filters Covered)...

Use more Simple Green and the Goof Off 2 on the trouble spots...

Works magic!

Shee_after_002.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about restoring plastics?

When brances drag along them, they cause dull "scratches."

What's the best way to get my shine back? How much about would recoating a clear coat cost (if even possible?)

they sell this thing called plastic restore... works wonders my buddies 250r plastics from 88 were soo dull

we used this stuff and now they have a nice shine to them...

it was like 20 bucks at our local home away from home.. quad shop!

they sell this thing called plastic restore... works wonders my buddies 250r plastics from 88 were soo dull

we used this stuff and now they have a nice shine to them...

it was like 20 bucks at our local home away from home.. quad shop!

Thanks man, I'll take a look for it.

I doubt mine are as bad as an 88s, but either way, I want my stock (and then some) shine back. :biggrin:

I ride all trails but mine is pretty clean. Not perfect but you touch something you probably arent going to get grease or dirt on you. I just always wash it after a ride if there is a lot mud and then anytime I am working on it (which is alot!) nothing goes back on without being cleaned first.

Hardest place is for sure the top of the engine cases, under the carbs. Even a pressure wash wont get all that out, but Im hoping to tear it down to frame this winter and then I can get a head start on that for next summer.

just ride the ass out of it and tear it down in the fall for a clean and rebuild.

Most of these guys ride sand or sandish dirt. Here in NY we have 2 kinds of riding.... dirty and filthy. Nothing is safe if you ride it the way it should be ridden. Don't be one of those pre-madonna's that spend 4 hours cleaning your bike before you go out riding, just to "look" good. I roost mud puddles on those fags :evil:

remember it's an ATV, not a hotrod. spend that time saving up for something you can ride on the road if you want it to stay clean.

If you have any chrome or polished aluminum, a Mother's Powerball with Mother's Aluminum Polish and Mother's Chrome Polish. They're both in a red bottle, and are kind of a runny liquid. Buy the stuff that says that it isn't for use with the Powerball in the directions. I know, it sounds like I'm trying to set you up for failure, but it works wonders on my bike.

Whenever I restore anything with plastic I use Mop and Glo to wash the shee and I don't rinse but take a dry towel and wipe it down. The plastic and metal glow when you are done. The key though is to pressure wash first to remove grime and debris.

Here is my '88 CR125 after doing the deal:

HPIM0506.jpg

Once I restore that pipe this winter that bike will look almost as good as new.

Edited by RollinRhino

• 3 months later...