Keeping Her Shinny and new!

04titanse

I have to ask..how the hell do you guys keep your bikes frames and swingarms so damn clean and shiny!?!?! Like i understand clean plastics and wheels etc....But it would take me a whole f-ing weekend to get my bike to look 1/2 as good as some of yours.

How do keep those swing arms clean with chain lube and dirt and shit all getting stuck to it?

Like my street bike is easy to keep looking showroom, but the quads are a different story!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of us ride sand only and its not too hard but it still takes me hours to maintain my quad. after every ride i clean filters etc and detail the thing. i think its an obsession or an o.c.d. thing. i use a tooth brush and other tools to clean mine. but the guys that ride dirt....i dont know how they do it.

This makes me feel a little better. Once and a while i will give her a good detailing but after a weekend in the dirt and mud it only gets so clean without being excessive.

HillClimbr - I have resorted to the same thing with my truck. I prob only was it twice a year by hand and the rest at the local $5 car wash

my 97 needs painted bad BUT ill be damned u find any dirt on them bitches after a ride. its to the carwash, then my patio for an extensive cleaning polishing process. I polish the pipes after every ride. rims swingers all of it. about 20 bucks, 15 microfiber towels, some neverdull, 5 hours later there done n put away. then repolished before the next ride. I've learned a clean machine operates better and are easier to maintain. I don't ride dirt hardly at all. dunes are 2 hours away im cool with that :)

I detail my quads pretty much after every ride, then wipe the frame, footpegs, axle ect. with WD-40 afterwards. Then Armor-all the seats. Keeps them looking new.

My SUV is another story, I only wash it a few times a year. Reason being is where I work. As soon as I wash it, the first day I go to work it looks like it hasn't been washed in a year! Lots of mud and dust out there :blink:

Wash it as soon as you can after every ride or else you put it off and the longer you wait the harder it is to clean. Shit dries up and if you had any fuel leaking out the bowls or anywhere else, that oil&gas along whith the dirt dries and sucks to get off. I enjoy looking at a clean bike, it makes me want to wrench on it even more. And like said its easier to maintain.

My bike is strictly for going racing in the dunes. But after every trip I place a plastic bag over the airfilters and do a light pressure washing. Then I blow dry it with compressed air. It helps to blast the majority of the water beads off and then I wipe the excess water off with a micro fiber cloth. A little wax on the front fender and she still looks like new. My sig pic was after my last trip out with the bike.

+10000000000000000.

A clean bike sure as hell runs better, and it's a million times easier to wrench on.

I rip it apart from time to time and clean ALL of it, and just do maintenance cleaning between those.