blown up again

YFZ350kid

a 310 main on stock carbs and with your setup may be a little fat.....an running race gas with a 21cc dome? WHY? you should only have to run race gas with 160 psi + and with a 21cc dome theres no way your even hittin 150psi..... as to what happened only god knows but start back at square one and see what happens again....but jus for kicks check the keepers on the side of the carbs that keep the slide from spinnin..i had one fall out an scorch a piston

a 310 main on stock carbs and with your setup may be a little fat.....an running race gas with a 21cc dome? WHY? you should only have to run race gas with 160 psi + and with a 21cc dome theres no way your even hittin 150psi..... as to what happened only god knows but start back at square one and see what happens again....but jus for kicks check the keepers on the side of the carbs that keep the slide from spinnin..i had one fall out an scorch a piston

well, to answer the race gas with 21cc domes is cheep insurance, atleast i thought, to help prevent detonation and possibly help the motor run a bit cooler... again, the 310 main for the carbs was jetted fat to try to keep it together...

to those of you that are in the know, could over fueling cause a similar situation to going lean in a 2 stroke? i know in 4 strokes that it would only cause a rich miss if anything generally...

thanks for all the ideas... im glad this forum had constructive things to day, i posted my issues on dumontduneriders.com and got ripped up by a couple folks on there...

To hell with plug chops!!! If you have smoked that many motors in succession, GO TO A DYNO WITH A FUEL SENSOR!!!!! You can guess all day long by glaring at plugs, but the best way to know what is going throughout the fuel delivery range, is to dyno it with a fuel sensor.

And until you take it apart, there is still a lot of guess work as to why it blew up or the extent of it. It could be anything at this point.

just saw this on another thread check your fuel cap vent. The guy lost a top end on a customers bike it turned out the vent was bad. Not letting the tank breathe starving the engine of fuel.

hmmm, that would make sense, but i dont think its the tank vent...

oh well, my new (ya i went to the dark side) raptor 700 should keep my dune season alive... and ill get the shee back up when i get the time and money... still gonna pull the head today though, just to see whats up, im hoping for somthing stupid like a pinched o-ring, but im expecting the worst

thanks for all the info and things to check for

A RAPTOR! kidding man I have one too they are not bad bikes add a intake kit and at least a slip on and a injection controller really wake them up.The torque is great on the trails you can be in too tall of gear and lug the motor through it. I plan on changing the gearing on mine, not enough top speed for me even with the high speed limiter disconnected . first seems to low I plan to go to 15 tooth on the front. put some plus 2 a arms makes them less tippy. one thing I didn`t like about is I think the steering stem is to short I went to a taller one on mine and I am not very tall only 5`8". Oh one other thing if you crash a raptor hard like serious barrel role or cart wheel on hard pack. expect to shell out some cash. The radiator isn`t protected well. I smashed all the front bumper brackets on mine and caved in the radiator. buper brackets were easy to fix the radiator was expensive 450. for after market oem was even more. have fun on it