If Honda made Three wheelers......

Using today's technology of suspension and brakes, a brutal 250R two stroke motor you would have this:

fendered20014.jpg

This thing is something you really don't want to race if you see it around.

Just thought I would give you some Eye Candy since we all love two strokes!

Edited by RollinRhino

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else old enough to remember the White/Hart rivalry? That was some of the best racing. :thumbsup:

Epic racing...

ya. Jimmy White was a factory Kawi rider and rode the Tecate 250 and Marty Hart was on a Honda if I remember. Alan Knowles from CT racing was a racing star back in those days. Then the quads took over. Dean Sundahl was winning baja's on a Banshee and gary denton was winning in the new 4-wheeler class on a Suzuki Quadracer. Denton eventually jumped to a TRX 250r. Nothing uglier than a JT racing pants and jersey with pink 1980's "splash" graphics and remember those ugly open face helmets made by JT. The old Bell Moto 4 helmets put the open face helmet business... out of business. Bell sold a ton of those helmets. My first ATV experience was on an ATC 90 back around 1981. We rode that 90 and a 110. Indestructible bikes they were :blush: Upgraded to an ATC 185, even knew a guy who got the upgraded 185, the "185 S" The S model had front suspension and it was like having a quad today with long travel :happy: . BigReds were poplular in the early 80s too. My first quad was an '86 quadsport bought new in '86. ya iv been around a long time in this sport, seen it almost die out completely and seen it come back more popular than ever. Remember Barbara Walters on 20\20 with their attack piece on ATC's ? It was the deciding factor that pushed public opinion against three-wheelers.

ya. Jimmy White was a factory Kawi rider and rode the Tecate 250 and Marty Hart was on a Honda if I remember. Alan Knowles from CT racing was a racing star back in those days. Then the quads took over. Dean Sundahl was winning baja's on a Banshee and gary denton was winning in the new 4-wheeler class on a Suzuki Quadracer. Denton eventually jumped to a TRX 250r. Nothing uglier than a JT racing pants and jersey with pink 1980's "splash" graphics and remember those ugly open face helmets made by JT. The old Bell Moto 4 helmets put the open face helmet business... out of business. Bell sold a ton of those helmets. My first ATV experience was on an ATC 90 back around 1981. We rode that an a 110. Indestructible bikes they were :blush: Upgraded to an ATC 185, even knew a guy who got the upgraded 185, the "185 S" The S model had front suspension and it was having a quad today with long travel. BigReds were poplular in the early 80s too. My first quad was an '86 quadsport bought new in '86.

That is correct, White rode the T3 and Hart rode the ATC250R. If I recall, White rode for Honda before he jumped Honda's 'mega ship' to race for Kawi, and did very well for them.

I have been riding ATC250Rs for 16 years... One of these days I intend to add an '88 TRX250R to my stable, but who knows...

Borrowing a reference from the Martin Baker ejection seat, I call my ATC250R a "widow maker."

Remember Barbara Walters on 20\20 with their attack piece on ATC's ? It was the deciding factor that pushed public opinion against three-wheelers.

I do not remember ever watching it, but I do remember that it did have a major impact on the ATV consent decree (12 year old kids riding 250Rs, I wonder who is at fault, Honda or the stupid parents... oops, forgot which government I was talking about. Personal responsibility was out the window even back then).

It sounds like we have seen the sport evolve with our own eyes, Meat! :whistling: