who does the cheapest porting?

there is alot of great builders out there, u should call and talk to some. word of mouth is good, but i like to talk to a builder direct and see what kind of portig they recommend.

with that, u need to know what kind of carbs and pipes are best for "their" port job.

i used jeff at f.a.s.t. on my 4 mil cub motor.

jeffs a very cool cat to deal with, and helped me set my bike up to full potential.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trex banshee is porting my cyclinders! he is also trying to get his name out and he made me a deal i couldnt refuse :biggrin: CANT WAIT TO GET THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks bud for the compliment, i cant wait to recieve them and get them back to you. I know you will be happy with them, and if for some reason your not don't forget what i told you. PM me when you get them shipped with a tracking number if you get one.

There are a lot of competent 2-stroke tuners out there that nobody on this site has ever heard of. And a lot more hacks as well! The big names on this site have earned good reputations, rightfully so, with something that has repeatedly been proven to work.

Exhaust and transfer ports can be made to function efficiently at whatever rpm needed or requested by the customer (within reason of course)... In other words, rather than piping to the port... Port to the pipe... Or port to whatever is required to make peak horsepower at a specific RPM.

there is alot of great builders out there, u should call and talk to some. word of mouth is good, but i like to talk to a builder direct and see what kind of portig they recommend.

with that, u need to know what kind of carbs and pipes are best for "their" port job.

i used jeff at f.a.s.t. on my 4 mil cub motor.

jeffs a very cool cat to deal with, and helped me set my bike up to full potential.

Edited by deckheight

I agree with needing to do your homework first. From my experience, most people want a port job for a big pretty dyno number. The engine builder starts grinding away raising the exhaust port, opening the intakes, etc, and you end up with a motor that has 0 bottom end, but screams so hard from 8000rpm up. Great for drag racing, but if you like to trail ride and just dune, do your homework first so you don't end up with some wild 80hp+ motor that is not dune-able.

that's the worst port job i've ever seen. my work ain't even close to that. i think ray charles held the cylinder, while stevie wonder ran the grinder, and then some stoned random drunk guy, ran/adjusedt the speed/rpm of the grinder......lol. :biggrin: whoever did that port job, should just be shot.

Edited by mopar1rules

that's because no one gives me the chance....its always kevin herr, passion, etc.

if you really want to get business here are two things id do..

1. support the site. become at least a premium member. guys on here are loyal to people who help the site. FAST, NOSS, M&M etc... they have tons of repeat buyers.

2. port someones cylinders for FREE. yes i said it.. FREE. someone out there needs something done. offer to do it.. if you do a good job, the word of mouth will be well worth the time you spent porting those cylinders for free.

1. support the site. become at least a premium member. guys on here are loyal to people who help the site. FAST, NOSS, M&M etc... they have tons of repeat buyers.

2. port someones cylinders for FREE. yes i said it.. FREE. someone out there needs something done. offer to do it.. if you do a good job, the word of mouth will be well worth the time you spent porting those cylinders for free.

damn loco you pretty much just nailed what i did to a T with our fellow member klemet.

i don't know if i would do it for free, but i would do it for a very cheap price. just so i get a little something out of my time. anyone need any stage 3 porting at this time?

I agree with needing to do your homework first. From my experience, most people want a port job for a big pretty dyno number. The engine builder starts grinding away raising the exhaust port, opening the intakes, etc, and you end up with a motor that has 0 bottom end, but screams so hard from 8000rpm up. Great for drag racing, but if you like to trail ride and just dune, do your homework first so you don't end up with some wild 80hp+ motor that is not dune-able.

for the record an 80hp motor built right and setup right can be quite duneable. its in all how your builder sets stuff up and pipe, domes and the whole combination. the whole package