Kickstart Gear

TRO73

So here is the deal...I took my clutch apart to try and get it to shift better added..shift star, new clutch cable, inner hub and pressure plate. Put the damn thing back together and filled it with oil and antifreeze. Started to pick up all my tools and old hub and plate and stuck to the back of the old hub with oil is my damn thrush washer that did not get put back in....DAMN IT. So drained everything and took it all apart again put the washer back on and then my torque wrench did not work right and broke a damn clutch spring bolt off in the hub. Got it out and got new bolts. So here is my question when I took it apart the second time my kickstarter came off with the clutch cover and I want to make sure I got it on right...does the kickstart gear go behind or in front of the other gear??? Do not want to take it apart again...at least not this soon. Here are some pics.

kick.jpg

kick2.jpg

kick3.jpg

im doing the same thing but does that kick starter gear that meshes with the other suppose to move when kicked over because mine does'nt

If you put your kicker back on the kickstarter shaft and push it down with your hand, the kickstarter gear will spiral out on the shaft and connect with the idler gear which will turn the motor over. Are you tryin to do it by hand or what??