would my bike run good with....

2-stroke_couch

october too. but yea i had this two days and its crazy what ive found out. i just dont know about much about stator plates. i would like to get a pro design one. im not sure what setting it advanced does and if you can adjust them stock. yea i ride by myself most of the time. my main riding buddy is in college. and plus i always rode my dirt bike when i went with him.

Well your mods are going to depend on your type of riding like do you mostly ride trails or dunes or what? If you look at the mods in my signature my bike is apart right now and I am doing all of that, Im setting mine up for trail riding mostly, but thats what im doing to the motor right now just to give you an idea, but for your situation... im guessing (tell me if im wrong cuz this is where i was before), you want a really nice bike and are tryin to figure out whats the best for you, but you dont have a job and your $$$ is limited? cuz in that case your best starting point is pipes its the best bang for your buck, then timing, but see timing or stator plate work best with other mods so I'd hold off. And idk how radical you want to go with your bike so your next step is going to depend on that. Dont get me wrong though, im not rich lol those mods are coming from a summer job that i got and I live in Alaska so we just got our perminant fund dividens and that put an extra $1000 in my pocket, but thats not imprtant haha. Your mods are basically gonna depend on what kind of riding you do and how radical you want to go

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your mods are going to depend on your type of riding like do you mostly ride trails or dunes or what? If you look at the mods in my signature my bike is apart right now and I am doing all of that, Im setting mine up for trail riding mostly, but thats what im doing to the motor right now just to give you an idea, but for your situation... im guessing (tell me if im wrong cuz this is where i was before), you want a really nice bike and are tryin to figure out whats the best for you, but you dont have a job and your $$$ is limited? cuz in that case your best starting point is pipes its the best bang for your buck, then timing, but see timing or stator plate work best with other mods so I'd hold off. And idk how radical you want to go with your bike so your next step is going to depend on that. Dont get me wrong though, im not rich lol those mods are coming from a summer job that i got and I live in Alaska so we just got our perminant fund dividens and that put an extra $1000 in my pocket, but thats not imprtant haha. Your mods are basically gonna depend on what kind of riding you do and how radical you want to go

well see i ride everything. track, montains(wide open fast trails and rocky shit.) dunes freerideing by my house so i was looking for t-5s if i could, cool heads with probly 16 or 17 to 20cc domes( im in colorado, above 5000 feet i can run 16s and not worry about running 110) and porting. the timing plate i was questioning. but eventuly in the future when it needs a rebuild ill probly go to 410cc boring. as far as porting i know a guy that will do my porting for a few beers so not a biggy. i dont think ill send them to herrr jugs or trinity.

haha im willing to try it but i am afraid of the outcome. he has experience with motos and quads and i think jet skis too. hes also gonna do a true/weld on it.

Good that your getting a true and weld. ok well as far as all aroung I'd set-up your bike for mostly trail with some dunning, so go with and aggressive trail port, and the head either NOSS or a Pro-design. About the timing plate though if you are doing the rest of those mods it will compliment them perfectly, get an adjustable timing plate and go +4 on the timing. Definantly get some T-5's first though and with the boring, going that high would put it at you having to bore it how much like .080, everyone that I have talked to on here says dont bore unless you have to because it really doesnt help. Oh and one more thing, if your doing some porting and that other stuff you mise well make sure your pistons can take the abuse to, get some wiseco pro-lites, but do this before the porting that way you can give them to whoever is doing your work and he can port the cylinders to match the pistons, just another way to squeeze a little extra out of the motor and make things run a little smoother.

Good that your getting a true and weld. ok well as far as all aroung I'd set-up your bike for mostly trail with some dunning, so go with and aggressive trail port, and the head either NOSS or a Pro-design. About the timing plate though if you are doing the rest of those mods it will compliment them perfectly, get an adjustable timing plate and go +4 on the timing. Definantly get some T-5's first though and with the boring, going that high would put it at you having to bore it how much like .080, everyone that I have talked to on here says dont bore unless you have to because it really doesnt help. Oh and one more thing, if your doing some porting and that other stuff you mise well make sure your pistons can take the abuse to, get some wiseco pro-lites, but do this before the porting that way you can give them to whoever is doing your work and he can port the cylinders to match the pistons, just another way to squeeze a little extra out of the motor and make things run a little smoother.

haha thats what i was all planning. i want to go with pro designs with 18cc domes, t-5s the boring i heard dont do. so i dont think i will. but for porting i will probly send it to hjr instead of my dads friend and get the aggresive trail port. the timing plate i wasnt to sure of but ill get one and yea i heard +4 is the way to go. i also wanted to get the pro-lites. i had been reaserching this stuff and decided aggresive trail over dune. i dont go to the dunes much anyway.

and v-force 3 reed valves

Edited by 2-stroke_couch

haha thats what i was all planning. i want to go with pro designs with 18cc domes, t-5s the boring i heard dont do. so i dont think i will. but for porting i will probly send it to hjr instead of my dads friend and get the aggresive trail port. the timing plate i wasnt to sure of but ill get one and yea i heard +4 is the way to go. i also wanted to get the pro-lites. i had been reaserching this stuff and decided aggresive trail over dune. i dont go to the dunes much anyway.

and v-force 3 reed valves

yeah get the timing plate if you can. If you send it to HJR than Kevin knows what he is doing so if you dont have the $$$ right away you can just tell him you want them ported for the pro-lites and he can do it. And yeah the dune port is starting to get more towards having light switch power with your shee which isnt very godd for trails. The v-force are a good choice, me personally I wanted to save $200 and port my stock reed cages myself and get some carbon fiber reeds, but thats because I've researched it and it's really not hard if you take your time

If I was building a motor on a tight budget I would skip the cool head and have a stock head milled. Then take the 200 you saved on the cool head and put it twards the port job.

Pipes, and Porting are the 2 biggest modds that will give you the most power per dollar spent.

You have 3 options with the timing plate. The $100 billit plate from Pro Designe, $50 billit plate from Chariot Perfomance (ebay), or the $35 cast aluminum plate from ricky stator. I run the Pro Design plate. I wanted a billit plate and found it use for $40 bucks. I wouldnt have spent that money for a new one. I would have went with the Chariot plate for $50.

Since you ALREADY have the T6's get the port job of your choice and try it out. No sence in spending the money you were going to put down for a port job on new pipes and have a marginal gain vs. the huge gain you would have gotten with a port job. Sure they might not be the Ideal pipe but they can be changed later. It isnt costing you any more mony leaving them on there.

Sorry, but that's BS.

I have T6's and the mods in my sig plus some more.

Exactly... I used to say the same just cause others mentioned it as well.. yeah T5's might pull a tad harder but the t6's are just as reponsive.

A friend and I have our banshee's setup the same minus vf2's and 3's and we run neck a neck.... It's a good pipe and yes it will work!

yea i planned on getting the porting done before the heads. im getting a job in when i turn 16 (2weeks) and it should make everything easier. ill stick with the t-6s for a while tell i get the timing plate, porting and pd cool heads.

but with the the timing plate the cheaper one new, would do the same as the one i saw on pro designs website? ive never heard of these so im a little confused on those.

Exactly... I used to say the same just cause others mentioned it as well.. yeah T5's might pull a tad harder but the t6's are just as reponsive.

A friend and I have our banshee's setup the same minus vf2's and 3's and we run neck a neck.... It's a good pipe and yes it will work!

^^^ that's why T6's get their bad name... along with Toomey's website... they make awesome products but their tech advice and marketing skills are retarded.

haha yea i know. its in the case!but yea i went to the ricky stator site and its only 35 bucks!

These guys make a great point if your on a budget. The T-6's will work for now but once you get the other stuff done and your lookin to squezze a little more power then go to T-5's, but for now stick with the 6's. Now everyone is going to have their own opinion on this, but in mine I think you should go with the crank true and weld and timing since your flywheel is off. Then porting/pistons. Then the cool head. then whatever you want to do with reeds wether its port them or going with VF3's. Then if you want to squeeze a little extra go with the T-5's. THey are a better pipe but not necesary so for now I'd say stay

If you had very aggressive porting, say an aggressive dune port or drag porting, T6s would not be ideal. Then again, neither would T5s.

My opinion is to get whatever you get the best deal on in the best shape...

Chariot Racing on Ebay sells a billet plate for 50 bucks...cheaper than pro design, nicer than the RS garbage they put out (and yes...I know, I have a Ricky Stator plate....got it years ago.)