wondering new years in glamis

Wildcard2

right on I guess i better get my shee back to life huh? I guess there are a few of us going to try and make it out there. I know its a dumb question again like i said never been do they have decent camp grounds i mean as in should we bring the camp trailer or get a hotel? i have been told by a few that its not worth camping at the dunes.

its primitive camping no hookups. people that don`t like to camp there either don`t like to get dirty or they don`t like the noise at night, some are worried about getting their rvs stuck to. I don`t think I would have a very good time if I had to load and unload a couple of times a day to stay at a hotel. bring your camp trailer relax and have a ball.

Unless you like paying 150 a night or more your drive to a "reasonable" motel is going to be around 45 mins from the dunes. And trust me it isnt by any means nice, it is a total shit whole with a bed thats 80 bucks a night.

Anyone that says that it's not worth camping out there is high, you just have to know where to camp to saty out of the crowds and get out of the dust.

YOU guys are awsome. I was told it wasnt worth staying at the dunes. I have no issues camping out and dont really want to waste ride time and fuel money loading and unloading everyday either. I was just curious more on the camper thing I heard about a guy that got his trailer stuck so bad it busted the rear axle on his truck. Wont be wanting that kinda mess! I dont care about hook ups and shit as long as its parkable. we arnt rich :evil: so we do the two trailer thing.

i like camping the washes down by the railroad track. Gecko is too far from all the drag racing and the good dunes.

You have to go to like wash 15 and farther to get away from the huge crowds and to get away from all the dust. At night washes 1-13 are really bad with all the dust kicked up throughout the day settleing in your camp!

:cool: it is great if you have a sled and dont mind freezing you a.. off. The latest most ppl go around here is oct. after that the ground is hard and the wind is misarably cold. Head for the sun man! thats why we are thinking of going west! both our sleds are down and we have put our play money towards the shees all year long. lol