Do it yourself porting

klemet banshee

OK, so whats your point? I told him he didn't have to move ports up or down to make a banshee run better. If you widen them, it changes port velocity and flow. That doesn't change port duration or timing though. You should have just put a smiley face on that post, cause it was worthless. :biggrin:

I guess when I think "port job" it INVOLVES changing the port timings. I wasing refering to your post about making them wider, I was talking about making them taller :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :shoothead:

hey "negative nancies", with the $350 that i saved by doing my own porting, i can put towards a fresh top end (when the time comes) and it will be like i got it for free. :thumbsup:

Or you could just get some 80 grit stones for a hone and do it your self. It can be done, more than likely your willing to pay a professional to bore the jugs. Just like I pay a professional to to do a port job. I am not necessarly paying for the work, but the KNOWLEDGE of the guy running the tools.

josh

Or you could just get some 80 grit stones for a hone and do it your self. It can be done, more than likely your willing to pay a professional to bore the jugs. Just like I pay a professional to to do a port job. I am not necessarly paying for the work, but the KNOWLEDGE of the guy running the tools.

josh

what are you talking about getting 80 grit stones and doing it myself? the top end rebuild i was talking about? if so, i would do it myself. have done it 3 times before. i have the hones and everything, with all the different grit stones. i would even bore the cylinders myself, as i'm a machinist and have access to what i need. so, i even save money there. when i said the $350 that i saved will go towards a rebuild, i meant the pistons and gaskets.

Edited by mopar1rules

what are you talking about getting 80 grit stones and doing it myself? the top end rebuild i was talking about? if so, i would do it myself. have done it 3 times before. i have the hones and everything, with all the different grit stones. i would even bore the cylinders myself, as i'm a machinist and have access to what i need. so, i even save money there. when i said the $350 that i saved will go towards a rebuild, i meant the pistons and gaskets.

I was refering that as a joke too. I was refering to the common man doing his own bore job with an 80 grit hone instead of "paying a professional" to bore them to the next size. Sorry I forgot all the smilies in that post too. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

well whats better, paying "the man" to do it... or spending a bit less buying the tools and doing it yourself, fucking it all up, having to buy new cylinders then send them to "the man" to do.. id say swallow your pride and send it to the man from the get go

Someone has no self confidence and low self esteem.

I learned how to port to make my own stuff fast, and so other people could pay me to make their bike faster. Its a winning situation either way.

Edited by Snopczynski

Someone has no self confidence and low self esteem.

I learned how to port to make my own stuff fast, and so other people could pay me to make their bike faster. Its a winning situation either way.

sorry dude, but i wouldnt let you touch any of my shit. youre the same guy who was pushing 2 into 1 carb setups for a long time.. fuck that.

sorry dude, but i wouldnt let you touch any of my shit. youre the same guy who was pushing 2 into 1 carb setups for a long time.. fuck that.

Dont listen to everyone on here as most have not enouph knowledge to shout out what you should do.You can download software and make your own shit fast.Do some reading Id say talk to people but most replys are from haters to scared to try it them selvesor have no talent. I have already done 10 motors for diffrent people weather it be cleaning up someone elses messes or complete boring and porting I do it all out of my garage. you can pm me if you need info, im not on site alot due to the fact im in the garage wrenching every night have no time to sit and spit negativity good luck(let the metal fly)

• Like 1

Debbie Downer! Now I dont know what I will do since I dont have your seal of approval. :shoothead:

The 2 into 1 works great for hardcore trails and motocross. A little more torque and less sloshing in the bowl.

And the 2:1 pipe

Almost forgot. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And the 2:1 pipe

Almost forgot. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The 2 into 1 pipe is not a torque pipe, its an mx pipe. It helps maintain peak rpm easier than most low-mid pipes.

• 4 weeks later...

PORT TIMING VALUES FOR RPM RANGE.

THE FIRST DURATION IN THE XXX-XXX FORMAT IS THE MIN FOR THAT RPM.

EXAMPLE: TO GET TO 9000 RPM YOU HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 184 EXHAUST

AND 123 INTAKE

EXHAUST TIMING

7500 RPM 176-178

8000 RPM 180-182

8500 RPM 183-185

9000 RPM 184-186

9500 RPM 186-188

10000 RPM 190-192

10500 RPM 193-196

11000 RPM 196-198

TRANSFER TIMING

7500 RPM 120-123

8000 RPM 121-125

8500 RPM 122-126

9000 RPM 123-127

9500 RPM 124-128

10000 RPM 127-131

10500 RPM 129-133

11000 RPM 130-134

post-30225-1223766208.jpg

Lots of reading and a good understanding of what your doing and it's possible. I've known a few people that have been successful doing their own porting but if you have to ask then you don't need to be doing it. There's alot more involved than just make this hole and that hole bigger. Save some coin and grief and send them to someone who has a good reputation.

Air dremmels work nice also.

Hate to highjack but anyone put or seen boost ports in stock banshee jugs? Think that's the term for them but if not i'm talking about holes that run from the intake to the transfer ports on each side.

yes the guy who did my port work had a set sittin there that he had done that too. looked pretty crazy..