Okay so i need to know quick please

my dad thinks its a bad idea because it wasnt good for the old deisels, well a timing plate affect the reliability at all? just at +4, i need to know asap im looking to order one tonight

thanks duuuuuddeeee

my dad thinks its a bad idea because it wasnt good for the old deisels, well a timing plate affect the reliability at all? just at +4, i need to know asap im looking to order one tonight

thanks duuuuuddeeee

Diesel is a whole other beast compared to a gasoline motor. Increasing the timing on a diesel there are a lot factors to be considered. Your Banshee will be fine but unless he is talking about the old 2 stroke diesels? I don't know sqwat about them.

I'm no diesel mechanic but what ignition timing you think you will advance on a sparkless diesel engine?
There is timing in every type of engine, spark or no spark, valves need to open an close for proper running condidtions. Now this is with newer motors. Not the old school 2 stroke diesel I have little knowledge with.

There is timing in every type of engine, spark or no spark, valves need to open an close for proper running condidtions. Now this is with newer motors. Not the old school 2 stroke diesel I have little knowledge with.

hence why I specified ignition timing :thumbsup:

yeah e was mentioning the old 2-stroke deisels, hes a trucker he has been one for almost 30 years, hes good at what he does but he doesnt like working 18 hours a day including his sleep and only seeing me for 1 hour each day, its good money but its hard on him and its getting hard on me, anyways sorry bout that, back on topic, im at 4000 feet my compression is 116 which is a bit higher then average for the altittude so i think with just +4 i can do without needing high octane fuel, i should still be pounds away from needing higher then 93, how much compression does +4 do anyways?

but he is just leary about doing all this work, but i keep telling him everyone does and this is minor stuff and wont affect the reliability

anyways thanks guys for all the help.