creative pipe insulation ideas to protect pods

barry1me

Anyone done any creative tricks on how to protect your pods/outerwears from melting?  Besides the easy solution of going and buying the $40 covers from cascade.  I dont care for how they look and I have to believe over time they will fall apart.  Im wondering if anyone has any other creative alternatives?  I have heard of people running header wrap around the pipes but some people still say they will burn there filters.

I have Cascade wraps and am pretty confident that they are made to last quite a while.  They are solid units.  I don't see why they'd wear out, they don't see hardly any movement.

If you don't want to go with them (which again, I'd recommend them), you're going to have to use multiple layers of high-temp insulation materials and the end result probably won't outlast the Cascade wraps.

Someone needs to come out with a nice 2 into 1 filter setup. Not like that cheesy 1 that Toomey has. This needs to be made of aluminum tubing and can fit a large single K&N pod on it. It can use different size rubber boots to the carbs, so if you changed to smaller or larger carbs the unit would still fit. A lot people having clearance issues with pods / pipes ect... I think there would be a good market for this. JD where you at??????

• Like 1

ive been running heat wrap for some time now... no issues...

1st pic is CPI's - middle clamp is actually holding the stingers closer to the frame so they dont rub on the filters....

2nd pic is shearers, still no issues or burn spots on my filters...

1005758_10153050001180133_1632070026_n.j

MWYdpH7.png

You would have to ride it long enough to heat the pipes up to burn the filters.

• Like 1

I have sourced it a few ways over the years. There are multiple companies that sell the stuff. Just google High Temp Thermal Sleeve. Make sure to look for the highest temp Rating you can find. Get pics tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by trickedcarbine